zebco rhinos

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

i'm thinking of investing in a zebco rhino feeder to do a bit of carp bagging. does anyone have any user reports and do you think it would also be suitable for feeder fishing for bream of around 5lbs?
:) :)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Matt,

It's not one I've used but here's their website: http://www.rhinofishing.com/

icon_smile.gif Dave

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hi Matt

I bought the 13' Rhino 'Special' Feeder at the NEC show back in April (it was demonstrated by dead-lifting a 2lb weight off the floor) and although I haven't used it on the carp lakes yet I did use it last week whilst in Ireland.

Although I didn't get any bream on it, I did catch hybrids to 2lbs and it certainly dealt with those OK. Anyone who's caught hybrids in Ireland will I'm sure agree that they do pull a bit!

The only down-side to the rod is (presumably because its got a bit of glassfibre in it) that it's a little heavier and a bit thicker at the butt end than a comparable carbon rod.

Tight Lines

Simon

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Its got more than just a little fibre glass in it. Thats why it bends and lifts like it does. Not saying that there no good but a carbon fibre may have a crisper action.

chill out go fishing

matt

thanks for the info guys, the rhino website is quite interesting. one of the reasons i was thinking about a rhino was also a forthcoming trip to ireland, so it's good to hear that the rods are suitable for the hybrids
happy fishing :)

swanny

Glad the Zebco topic has come up, I am also looking to purchase one, It had a fantastic review by Dave Woodmansey in A.T. coming out top rod !! What would a good price be to pay ? And are there any reliable mail order companies anyone could reccomend ?

Simon, what reel are you using ? I was thinking of the Okuma Epix.

p.sw

Edited by - swanny on 12 August 2002 6:40:30 PM

matt

well, i've gone and bought a 12'rhino and am planning on giving it a baptism of fire on drayton on wednesday. keep a lookout on this space and i'll give u a full user report when i get back.
tight lines and happy bagging!

matt

ps; swanny, i paid 70 quid for mine, which i believe to be a fair price as many places i've seen want 90 for a 12' special feeder

matt

well, i've just spent 2 days using my new rhino and i'll have 2 say i'm well chuffed - this rod just keeps on bending! i used it on drayton where it handled fish up to 12lbs with ease, the action of the rod copes very well with the initial run of the fish and has the bckbone to stop it. when playing fish under the rod tip there is enough flexibility to absorb everything a double figure can throw at it. it can also cast a heavy method feeder effortlessly. even when using the heaviest 2oz tip, sensitivity was retained.
yep, you guessed it, i LIKE THIS ROD!
ps, i don't work for zebco lolicon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_approve.gif

angler-mark

Hiya Matt, I have got the Rhino 13ft match rod and it performs great,much better action than the one it has replaced. The weight difference is not much but the strenght it has makes up for it loads. icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif Only used it twice in matches, one I won and 2nd in the other, Seems to be my lucky rod. icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Tight Lines

Mark

matt

hi mark, i've also got 13' rhino float rod and couldn't agree with you more, when fishing the big waggler for carp you can't beat it! the thing that sold me was seeing this float rod lift a 1.5lbs dead weight! it's capable of doing wht the carbotechs can do at less than a quarter of the price. plus it has a lifetime guarntee
top marks to the rhinosicon_smile_approve.gif

swanny

Well i've taken the plunge and just purchased a Zebco medium feeder rod, I'm going to Bradshaws tomorrow to test it out, theres plenty of carp in there so I will get the full picture of how it performs.icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

p.sw

Trevski

I bought the 12 Rhino DF Feeder on Tuesday and
gave it a run out on one of the local canals
last night.

Its great. I can heartily reccommend these to
anyone out there.

ps. Best fish last night was an Eel circa 3 1/2lb
handled no probs.

Ian C

Well guys, on the strength of the praise in this thread I have just been and bought a 12ft Rhino feeder rod too [:D][:D][:D]

I saw an advert in IYCF, where the rod was on offer for 54.99 (RRP 89.99) from Chapmans, so I trotted off to my local dealer to see if he would match it. He said if I added the cost of Chapmans postage (7) he would, so I got it for 61.99 [:)]

Off tomorrow to have a bash with it on a local lake if it's not frozen over that is!

Thanks for the discussion here and I'm sure I'll be as pleased as the rest of you

Ian C

joe1987

'Darwener'
This mate of mine(big carp fisher) says he just got one from the internet for 55! Can't remember what site it was but he seems to like it.

Toodlepip
**Joe-boy**

Flying Fish

Slightly off-topic, bought a Zebco Rhino travel rod (tele. 50.00)last year and it broke in half mid-section after about 6 casts on the beach.
JM2pW, F.F.

gomez

I've got both the Rhino 13ft heavy match and a 13ft heavy feeder and they are the dogs boll***s. I have caught double figure carp on both and they both coped easily. Well worth the dosh.

Gomez

Status
Not open for further replies.