Zebco Rhino Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

angler-mark

Just tried out the new Rhino rod fro Zebco and can honestly say it's a pretty tough rod, it was to replace a Browning rod that kept snapping on the top section. I took the Browning rod back to my tackle shop for the 4th time and they replaced it with the Rhino,Free of Charge! I used it in our match and the rod performed brilliantly. The rod has a guarantee that if it's broken while fishing it will be replaced free for life! The action is all through and performs well while playing big or small fish. It's a bit heavier than my old Browning but this is a minor detail on a well designed rod. I must say a thank you to Browning for the replacement and am delighted with their service and the new replacement. ( I've always been lucky)

Tight Lines

Mark

Edited by - angler-mark on 19 August 2002 09:36:17 AM

G

First of all Mark 10 out of 10 for the tackle shop,thats good service.

The zebco rhino rod, i've been reading about it in the angling press, must say it sounds a good rod, and a lifetime guarantee not often we come across that.
How did you get on in the match??????

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Simon R

Site Supporter
Andy

I've got one of them Zebco Rhino's too (13' feeder)

I'll fetch it along to the Trent fish-in and you can have a play

Tight Lines

Simon

G

Spot on Simon
, but be warned if i like it and buy one, i will tell my mrs it's all your fault mate

i'm going to bait up
Andy

G

Now then Mark and Simon, I,Y O, would the rod be suitable for BARBEL fishing????
And how much did you pay for the said rod ?????.
How many tips does it come with????
Thanks in advance lads

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Simon R

Site Supporter
I'll let you know if its any good for barbel if I ever snare one this season!
Handled those Lough Ramor hybrids ok though - and they pull a bit - and i've had a three and a half pound chub from the Swale on it.

Mine came with three tips (2,3 & 4oz test curves) but I think it varies depending on which model you get.

As for price, I paid 90 for mine at the NEC show but I've seen them advertised mail-order for 60-70.

I'm thinking of using it for a bit of pike fishing at the weekend - just to see how much it bends

Tight Lines

Simon

angler-mark

quote:

How did you get on in the match??????

Andy, I won the match even having lost 13 Carp!
My rod was a free replacement and is the 13ft match rod which retails at 80-00, When I was in the shop I tested one with the assistant holding the end of the rod and me giving it all I'd got on the butt, he defied me to try and snap it. I gave it 14stones and could not break it, which really impressed me so I brought it home with me.

Tight Lines

Mark

Edited by - angler-mark on 20 August 2002 12:23:50 AM

G

Nice one Mark, next time you go into the shop tell them that you won the match with your replacement rod they just might give you a freebie for luck

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.