Z16L pole

pies

Site Supporter
Ok bit of a short review on the Z16.
its going to be short as its just an evolution for me. I already have Z10,Z12 and margin. So i decided to get the latest model.
so everyrhing comes in a large holdall complete with loads of tubes. Intrestingly they ship 13m 14.5m and 16m sections in seperate tubes, but i put 13m into the 14.5m and ive never had a problem. It is supplied with normal carp top two with side pulla supplied and fitted. Its also supplied with duo top kits, which can be used as a long no1 and fitted into no3 section or fitted into the parallel short number two then into no3 section. Or you can use them as a normal top two. You decide where to fit the pulla and you have to get the bushes as they are not supplied with the duo kit. Mine are set as long no1 and the short no2 put in shed.
It comes with two square pole protectors, these fit 13m 14.5 and 16m sections only. They old pole protectors supplied with the Z12 fitted sections 6 upwards. Im not sure which i prefer the most but i did like the old round ones as they went through hedges or brambles easier.
so in use the pole aint the stiffest,there are plenty stiffer but its very strong and as you would expect a great all round pole it never feels like its about to explode on me.biggest fish to date is a 8-10lb carp in two foot deep water, like trying to stop a submarine.
cost plenty, worth it yes

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
So you can carry the whole pole in one section down to the 14,5 metre, with just the 16 metre separate?

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Thanks. I've got the Z12, but didn't realise the 13 will fit inside the 14,5. I'll have another check.

Paul.P

I had one of these, Z16 that is, it was a cracking pole to be honest, only real problem i had was the lacquer went funny on several sections, & the price of spare sections was frightening.