Your Top 3 Sessions/Catches this year

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Due to these lockdowns, I've been fishing more than I ever have in my life. It's been restricted to club ponds though & although I haven't bagged up, I've caught some great fish & really enjoyed it because they were all new waters to me. Made some great fishing mates amongst the club members as well.

Best catch is the 3rd day of the Alders weekend, 40lb...even though I finished second last. I'd more or less sussed it by the 3rd day, after making a complete tw*t of myself, the first two days. :ROFLMAO:

Robwooly

Had an average year fishing wise but enough barbel and chub to keep me happy, best fish probably a 2,10 perch, no big roach though, can't win em all

Starting a blog was fun, not a catch but a way of reliving some trips old and new, seems after I started it something always happened on the bank, it's like it's enhanced my fishing as there's always as story in there and adventure at every turn

Best of all still fishing with Dad, it ain't gonna last forever and he only goes in summer now, hopefully he's be around next season fingers crossed as any fish you catch with your fishing buddy of over 40 years is a good one

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Not really done much fishing this year.
1-Fishing/drinking @ two mini festivals with my son - loved it.
2-353lb on the feeder (match)
3-449lb new PB match (edge)

Birtleyheed

Only fish my local commercial these days as I don't drive, and rely on my wife to to drop off & collect - she's a real gem ( been married 41 years so have to say that, don't I ?)
1) Est 500lb of margin-pole caught carp caught mainly on spicy luncheon meat or mussel over 4mm pellet feed, back on a warm July day - a real arm acher !
2) Targetting the silvers, estimated 35lb net using mainly double red maggot or worm over krill groundbait on pole top2+2 or on groundbait feeder, which included 80 odd roach, 2 weeks ago ( my favourite catch of the year )
3) Don't catch many ide, but caught a PB of 3lb 4oz last Tuesday on single caster on the pole ( and typical of fishing, lost a much larger one when just about to net it, about an hour later !! )

alsur

Site Supporter
Had a very mediocre year but I've not travelled and only fished local club waters no matches as league I normally fish has been cancelled. I've only fished two lakes one of which is close to my house but extremely hard only had a few Rudd and Perch out of that fished the clubs most prolific lake once and had 18 carp best 5lb and a couple of Roach probably about 35lb in total, lake was very busy and couldn't get any of better pegs. Rest of time I've fish the rivers two stretches had quite a few small fish but the rivers never produce really big bags of fish but I've caught enough fish to keep me happy, the only highlight was an unexpected 5 1/2lb Chub a personal best. To be honest being out on river bank is enough for me this year and what I catch has been secondary.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
as a (mainly rivers) match angler I had a pretty quiet end to last season and start to this one - plenty of fish but mainly section wins and low placings.
September brought a change in fortunes and two of my three most memorable
1. won the Bedford Hospital Cup on the Great Ouse with a mixed bag of nearly a stone.
2. caught my best ever match weight (by a distance) with 128 pounds of chub on the waggler on the Wye to win the Charity Shield

for my third I'll go back to July -
3. a 40 minute pleasure session on the local river which yielded a bite a chuck and two chub to around 4, two bream around the same and several decent perch and roach - on 3 balls of groundbait and a handful of casters.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Just as last year, done more walking than fishing,
When I have been out, the fishing has been very consistent up here, probably as I've now got a much better knowledge of the various marks, so not many real standouts, and haven't been doing my usual few days a month in London so no occasional club matches.
Three for the year so far ?
First two pound roach in England. 2-2 from the Severn at Quatford in September

Eighteen (at least) pollack up to over 7 lb , total probably around 70 lb from Rubha na Tragha area at Kilmaluag

Two dogfish and a dab from Loch Bracadale at Clach A Chruinneachaidh; not much of a catch but it was first time out after the 5 mile travel restriction was lifted here, Nowhere particularly good within 5 miles of home- had had three sessions on Loch Portree about a mile away without a bite- usually it's dabs well out and wrasse close in but not a sign this time.

Still looking for first Ray up here

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Now the year is drawing to a close, there's still maybe time for a red letter day left, but I am looking back at the year and my top 3 sessions and wondered what yours were?

1) 13 'decent' size Tench and a Mid Double carp my first time fishing Himley Hall. I went fishing for Roach and ended up with a load of Tench.
2) 400lb+ of Bream over 3 days at Chard Reservoir on my holiday.
3) 26lb 14oz consisting of 11 Chub caught on the Stick Float on the Worcs Stour.

Over to you, your best catches this year? Hopefully we've all had a good enough year to be able to answer? Other than my top 3 I can't think of too many. Maybe catching 20 Crucians at Hurst Farm on my first time there. Or Barbel sessions of which I've had 4 fish on a few sessions this year. Or some bags of Silvers I had on the Worcs Stour when small fish were present which would rate among my most enjoyable.
Is the fishing always pretty good for the bream on Chard ? ive never heard of it. We tend to go Holland for our big bream catches but its getting too expensive. I would be grateful for any info. Regards Neil

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
2. caught my best ever match weight (by a distance) with 128 pounds of chub on the waggler on the Wye to win the Charity Shield
Catch of a lifetime that never mind the year! The most impressive catch I’ve ever read about on here I reckon ??

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Catch of a lifetime that never mind the year! The most impressive catch I’ve ever read about on here I reckon ??
it was the (match) catch of a lifetime for me ... it didn't take extraordinary skill as the peg was rammed - but it was a hell of a day!