Your Top 3 Sessions/Catches this year

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Not so much a memorable session as a fair chunk of it was very boring but I did get 3 consecutive bream that were the biggest I’ve caught so certainly memorable, thanks in part to some local knowledge and tips from @chefster ?? Still modestly sized and no idea what they weighed but they were certainly a bit bigger than any I’ve caught before.
1605467238301.jpeg
1605467255491.jpeg
1605467266693.jpeg

Those are gorgeous looking Bream to me, proper Dark Bronze slabs!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yeah some monster Barbel came out this year to fellow Drowners! Did enjoy seeing my Dad catch his first Barbel. And although I didn't see it I was there when @rd115 had his first even if it wasn't the double he was after. :)

Total

Site Supporter
And dont forget his 8 Barbel Haul what i put him onto, whilst i sat taking with a big Otter ballsing my swim up ;)

I didn't forget mate....;).......Mick's still moaning about the cost of the jelly babies for the info' though!;):ROFLMAO:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Those are gorgeous looking Bream to me, proper Dark Bronze slabs!
Going to have another go at them next closed season. Was a bit of an exploratory session this year of which the main finding was that I probably didn’t get enough bait in so next time I should take a sack load and almost spod it in for the first hour.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Going to have another go at them next closed season. Was a bit of an exploratory session this year of which the main finding was that I probably didn’t get enough bait in so next time I should take a sack load and almost spod it in for the first hour.

Look forward to hearing the results. I looked forward to hearing what you caught as you prepared for that last session. I get my groundbait Catapult out when within range. :cool: At Chard I was lucky and only had 10 casts with the feeder at the start and hit the fish instantly. Was on Double Worm on a size 14 and had non stop wrap round bites. My kind of fishing. (y)

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Let's not bother with asking others to post their catches we will just let you two repeat and discuss all yours again ??

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Nah you amuse me Silver as it cracks me up how much you like talking about yourself. ??
Bout time we had a big hand small fish post, must have been all of four posts by now ☺

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
There was me thinking this was a forum for sharing fishing experiences and having fishing discussion ?

You're are a funny old sod arent you, each to their own I guess ?

ATTICUS FINCH

My year has been my first back for near ten years ,I joined my old club and duly won the first match I entered, so that was a good start ,I won four out of eight evening matches I fished ,?
I have also just won three on the spin of our Sunday matches ,the last being an all roach catch which was a great pleasure to do .
One of my evening matches sticks out as I had a disastrous start but finished with just under a ton of carp for a nice win .
All in all my return to fishing has been pretty dam good.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Since returning to fishing in October (5 weeks ago), I've had around 10 sessions in total, so that's all I have to choose from.

1) First trip out, remembered some stuff from before, caught a load of skimmers, a few small carp and had a great day. Made we want to go and join an angling club.

2) Second trip to new club lake, caught 3 carp of around 8-9lb on the method feeder, everything worked as it should and I felt like I knew roughly what I was doing.

3) Today, used a pole properly for the first time, sitting on my new seatbox, and caught fish. Then had 5 F1s in 2 hours on the feeder this afternoon.

I'm well and truly hooked.

Last edited:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Caught and Lost, the one i remember most about was one i lost at the A1 bridge, it was 3am ish id just got snuggled up to Albert and Dropped off when the alarm screamed off, i honestly though id Hooked a truck on top of the bridge, after about 15 mins i had him tamed or so i thought the headlamp hit the sight of him as he did a splashing last run to freedom and the Hook pulled. Id bet my Life on him being my new pb.