Your Top 3 Sessions/Catches this year

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Now the year is drawing to a close, there's still maybe time for a red letter day left, but I am looking back at the year and my top 3 sessions and wondered what yours were?

1) 13 'decent' size Tench and a Mid Double carp my first time fishing Himley Hall. I went fishing for Roach and ended up with a load of Tench.
2) 400lb+ of Bream over 3 days at Chard Reservoir on my holiday.
3) 26lb 14oz consisting of 11 Chub caught on the Stick Float on the Worcs Stour.

Over to you, your best catches this year? Hopefully we've all had a good enough year to be able to answer? Other than my top 3 I can't think of too many. Maybe catching 20 Crucians at Hurst Farm on my first time there. Or Barbel sessions of which I've had 4 fish on a few sessions this year. Or some bags of Silvers I had on the Worcs Stour when small fish were present which would rate among my most enjoyable.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Now the year is drawing to a close, there's still maybe time for a red letter day left, but I am looking back at the year and my top 3 sessions and wondered what yours were?

1) 13 'decent' size Tench and a Mid Double carp my first time fishing Himley Hall. I went fishing for Roach and ended up with a load of Tench.
2) 400lb+ of Bream over 3 days at Chard Reservoir on my holiday.
3) 26lb 14oz consisting of 11 Chub caught on the Stick Float on the Worcs Stour.

Over to you, your best catches this year? Hopefully we've all had a good enough year to be able to answer? Other than my top 3 I can't think of too many. Maybe catching 20 Crucians at Hurst Farm on my first time there. Or Barbel sessions of which I've had 4 fish on a few sessions this year. Or some bags of Silvers I had on the Worcs Stour when small fish were present which would rate among my most enjoyable.
You’ve certainly had some great sessions mate considering we were locked down for half the year ??on a variety of venues as well, awesome mate , great days

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
????
How many more ways can you tell us what you caught this year?
Thought we established that your Crucians were not true or are you still claiming them? ??

You had a good year though ?

Bet we have deja vu Roach posts very shortly ??

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
????
Thought we established that your Crucians were not true or are you still claiming them? ??

Haha. Still claiming them as Crucians as they looked like them to me.

And you remind me I had a 1lb14oz Roach from the Severn too which was a bonus.

Yes I like to brag about catches, but also like to hear about what other people catch too!

Carp attack

1 - pairs match win at messingham sands, also won my lake on the day ?

2 - fishing association pairs at decoy, went and treated it as a day out and we ended up 4th which we thought was mega achievement,

3 - not a match for me but helping an old boy I know well, went to watch fir a bit a saw him struggling, pointed him in the right direction an he started catching, the smile on his face said it all, since then he has started to put some impressive results of his own together an is always grateful for the help,

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
????

How many photos of a little roach in the hand can we post ????
Get ready for them ???

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Was pleased for the angler who caught the Roach I posted ,Owlys PB Barbel,Scribes beauty and Barbel Seekers numerous doubles.
Bezzers Tench and NLads Barbel,Arrys Carp on the cane and Danny's cracking Trout.

Quiet year for me really but some very decent fish and better days than most around me when I got out.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
3 noteable days ,1st one was first open match back after 4 months of chemo, a win with 167lb F01CE80F-6226-421C-9A92-BF38FAD35F9E.jpeg . Next one a pleasure/practice at Alders farm for the JJL match E0EB40B1-2924-4000-A759-5F0243EE0C15.jpeg . Next one was a match win on a lake I didn’t know,116lb on the pellet waggler C4BDE25E-B675-418F-991C-4D70570BB5E6.jpeg . And not a roach in sight ??

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Got more sessions in this year than I’ve ever got in before but with the travel restrictions diverse it certainly hasn’t been not that minded at all.

Best 3 days would be these 3 though. Fairly insignificant compared to more proficient anglers but good hauls for me.

Been a great year tbf mostly sticking to the Thames roaching that this neck of the woods is known for and having the time to do it properly. Don’t get me wrong I’d like to have done all my usual other things as well like a couple week on the flats of southwest Florida, long weekends pulling smoothies and bream out of the Solent and generally getting on some other rivers but Thames roaching is my favourite form of angling that I have full time access to so all things considered I’ve been more than happy with my year ??

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
If your year is 12 months; then my highlights are:

A 30lb + permit on a fly,
A 4.14 perch on a fly
A 16.10 barbel not on a fly.

If your year is 2020;

substitute a 10.02 river bream for the permit.
Ok squimp wins fair play incredible catches ??

Zerkalos 400lb of bream in 3 days is up there with them though I’d kill for that!

Last edited:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not so much a memorable session as a fair chunk of it was very boring but I did get 3 consecutive bream that were the biggest I’ve caught so certainly memorable, thanks in part to some local knowledge and tips from @chefster ?? Still modestly sized and no idea what they weighed but they were certainly a bit bigger than any I’ve caught before.
1605467238301.jpeg
1605467255491.jpeg
1605467266693.jpeg

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Topped my person best weight on my club pond, quite easily actually. Undoubtedly the biggest weight that's been had out of there since the Otter decimated the place years back. I had tons of silvers, 1 tench, a nice head of bream & 3 carp in a single day with the biggest being 12lb (Last time I weighed it). Doesn't sound like much but the place is very understocked. Lower estimate of 10-15 carp in there total, Under 5 tench & very few bream which are fortunately recovering very well as seen by the abundance of skimmers I've had this year. Also Had a few matches there, 1 second on a charity match and the second match I had a first.

Also had a session at a not-so-stocked commercial and had 18 Carp and a Tench on Bomb & Pellet. None of the carp were under 6lb, Was pretty proud of that because I've been trying to get more competent on the feeder / bomb instead of being so reliant on my pole.
Pretty sucky year. Not been out enough. No River Fishing, Serious lack of commercials. Need to start driving :cursing2: