Your predictions for 2021

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I'm sure you will agree that by any objective measure 2020 will not go down as the best of years. So let's draw a line under that and look forward to 2021.

So when you have a moment, please can you submit your predictions for what you think will happen in 2021. I invite predictions in the following categories:

1) a prediction about sport

2) a prediction about a fellow maggotdrowner

3) a prediction about politics (could be a political figure, party or even Brexit)

4) a prediction about a named celebrity / film star etc.

5) a prediction about the Royal Family

6) a prediction related to Covid

Your predictions should not involve things that you can directly influence. I.e. "I will go barbel fishing more often" is not a good prediction since this is (in the most part) within your control.

Please make you predictions as specific and interesting as possible. So don't say "Liverpool to win the premiership" 'cos that's boring and obvious. "Liverpool to win the premiership after being awarded 39 penalties by VAR in the last 4 matches to overturn a massive goal difference" is much more interesting and specific.

Only one prediction per category per user will be counted.

Providing I get enough responses I will score each prediction made and updated on here periodically - Up to 10 points will be awarded for originality and a further 10 possible points for accuracy based on if it happens or if something similar happens. I predict a small and perfectly useless gift may be provided at this time next year to the person with the best predictions.

Here are a few of mine (which will be excluded from scoring).

1) Jose Mourinho to explode whilst on the touchline. Bits of the grass in the surrounding area to be sold off for charity

2) WiseOwl to take up a needlecraft, his first work to be a tapestry of Dave's left leg

3) Boris Johnson to father three new children in 2021, mothers unknown

4) Dawn French to join the BNP

5) Meghan to file for divorce in the US, claiming unreasonable sexual demands. (Something about horses)

6) One of the covid vaccines to be proven to cause uncontrollable flatulence. 10% of all GP practices in the UK have to shutdown for 10 days to allow for fumigation to take place

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Topless female snooker referees.

@Dave learns how to fall upwards.

Maggie Thatcher canonised as a Saint.

'Reality' TV made a criminal offence.

HRH Liz doesn't snuff it. (Nor Phil the Greek)

Having defeated it, it is discovered that Covid-19 is actually good for you.

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
West Ham sign a couple of has beens Ronaldo and Messi.

Chefster wins fish o.

Diane Abbot caught dogging by Met police. Police Constable responsible for handcuffing the naked and bukkaked Abbot is receiving counselling.

Danny Dyer says he is nervous about playing a Cockney geezer in new British gangster movie.

Harry finally comes to his senses and dumps Meghan after her demands to be called Princess Meghan of all America are refused by the Queen.

Total worldwide lockdown. Covid 19 deaths to reach 11million by August, anglers still moan they cant go fishing.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Honestly i just want a boring, uneventful, unsurprising 2021....fingers crossed!

1) lee westwood will win a major!

2) i hope that all MD members will have happy 2021

3) Brexit will prove to be a great decision

4) I predict Harrison Ford will die

5) Queen and Prince Philip will both die

6) Covid will be under control

nejohn

Site Supporter
1, The premier league implodes with rumours of bribery and corruption plus unconfirmed stories involving Richard Masters and a goat

2, Silverfisher finally gets the job as sales manager for Drennan

3, the Co-operative party finally says enough is enough and breaks the long established alliance with the labour party

4, Matt Lucas named as the next James Bond

5, A little known descendent of King Arthur claims the throne of England and successfully ousts the current royal family sending them back to Germany amid BREXIT euphoria

6, The Vaccine is proved to be nothing more than common or garden asprin and the UK gets rich quick by charging extortionate prices for 20p per pack superdrug asprin to the rest of the world

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
1, Mark Marquez wins Motogp. Rossi retires at end of season.

2, Wise Owl receives restraining order for stalking Serena.

3, Yet another deadline for Brexit Summer 2021 no doubt.

4, Tom Hanks writes and stars in a blockbuster movie. ( again ) ?

5, Prince Philip passes away peacefully.

6, Covid mutates and hits us again and we need yet another vaccine. ?

I sound very pessimistic don’t I ? ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
1 England will abandon the pointless kicking and win the grand slam in style

2 a maggot drowner will win one of the big competitions but who knows who and what

3 brexit may actually work out and other counties follow suit, not likely that one!

4 all 12 celebrities in I'm a celebrity will actually be celebrities...

5 Harry will crack/see sense

6 covid will be sorted just slightly too late to get a decent holiday in

The Landlord

Site Supporter
1) Liverpool will get at least three more last minute penalties to either win or salvage a draw.

2) Stewie74 will frame in a match by June

3) Priti Patel will resign or be sacked from her job. Mark Drayford will be replaced in the Welsh job.

4) Katy Price will end up in court again

5) Some new hitherto unexposed scandal will be unearthed about the death of Princess Di, incriminating the Royal Family, following the Martin Bashir debacle.

6) We'll still be wearing piggin' masks

commieboy257

Account Locked
) a prediction about sport - AJ beats Tyson Fury bloody

2) a prediction about a fellow maggotdrowner - @Dave will declare himself vegan and eschew ALL pies forever

3) a prediction about politics (could be a political figure, party or even Brexit) - Boris will stand down and retire to the house of lords

4) a prediction about a named celebrity / film star etc. - Tom Cruise will come out as gay

5) a prediction about the Royal Family - Harry will dump the horse faced b1tch and reclaim his gonads

6) a prediction related to Covid - finally dies out only to be replaced with the next Chinese super bug found only in monkey anus soup.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter

3) a prediction about politics (could be a political figure, party or even Brexit)

1 Danny Ric wins F1 champ

2 @Arch gets amongst several 15lb+ Barbel ?

3 Boris steps down next year

4 ...

5 Andrew is wanted by US authorities for noncing.

6 Autism in newborns goes through the roof as a side effect of the rushed covid vaccine.

piscatorial

1) WBA get promoted

2) During a torential rainstorm while fishing Chefster's tackle mysteriously turns orange. Green spray paint and dye found inside his cool bag

3) With a no deal Brexit UK prospers after a faultering start, EU begins to crumble

4) Clint Eastwood passes away

5) Andrew found guilty of sex scandal

6) Lock downs to continue for next 12 months, riots break out across the UK

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
1) Lewis Hamilton wins his 8th F1 World Championship and George Russell is named as his teammate for 2022.

2) @Dave finally finds his photo paper but can't find his printer because "T" sold it on E-Bay as he never used it.

3) Kier Starmer enters hospital to have the fence he's been sitting on surgically removed from his ass.

4) Jemma Collins (Only Way is Essex) admitted to hospital suffering from Anorexia.

5) Prince Edward comes out as Princess Edwina.

6) The Covid Vaccine is revealed to have a chip in it, subsequently anyone who declines the vaccine and is found without the chip will be deemed ineligible for future NHS treatment.

rudd

Site Supporter
I'm sure you will agree that by any objective measure 2020 will not go down as the best of years. So let's draw a line under that and look forward to 2021.

So when you have a moment, please can you submit your predictions for what you think will happen in 2021. I invite predictions in the following categories:

Your predictions should not involve things that you can directly influence. I.e. "I will go barbel fishing more often" is not a good prediction since this is (in the most part) within your control.

Please make you predictions as specific and interesting as possible. So don't say "Liverpool to win the premiership" 'cos that's boring and obvious. "Liverpool to win the premiership after being awarded 39 penalties by VAR in the last 4 matches to overturn a massive goal difference" is much more interesting and specific.

Only one prediction per category per user will be counted.

Providing I get enough responses I will score each prediction made and updated on here periodically - Up to 10 points will be awarded for originality and a further 10 possible points for accuracy based on if it happens or if something similar happens. I predict a small and perfectly useless gift may be provided at this time next year to the person with the best predictions.
1. Ipswich will still be in league 1
2. Sly will get lost (apparently)
3. Politicians will all still talk ********
4. .... artists will win everthing at the MoBo awards
5. They will still cost tax payers millions
6. A new mutation of covid and birdflu will be spread by crows and kill millions - Corvid 21

Wise Owl

Account Locked
1 Leeds United will still be in the Prem league.
2 @sly will get Lost.
3 Labour wont be in Number 10.
4 Lewis Hamilton comes out Gay.
5 Prince Harry slumps further under the Thumb.
6 Covid rebuild starts.

commieboy257

Account Locked
1 Leeds United will still be in the Prem league.
2 @sly will get Lost.
3 Labour wont be in Number 10.
4 Lewis Hamilton comes out Gay.
5 Prince Harry slumps further under the Thumb.
6 Covid rebuild starts.
but will anyone bother to go looking for him? :)

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Wise owl takes charge of 2 polar bear cubs.

Scribe stays dry.

Meghan divorces Harry and he begs grand mama to let him back into the family.

The pound will buy 3 euros following a brilliant brexit deal.

Crackotoa votes Tory.