Your biggest foul hooked fish?

CJROSCOW

Clint
24lb common carp in the tail. Thankfully was on orange vespe hollow with 8lb hl and 12 kammy animal. Spent a full ten minutes leaning into the pole with my full bodyweight to keep it inches from the snag. Took half hour to land. I could not have pulled any harder if i tried. Shimano beastmaster margin is bombproof..i was absolutely knackered after landing it!

Dslayer

dslayer
A 13lb leather carp from a BAA canal...
Foul hooked on a plug whilst pike fishing....

I informed the BAA just for their info ... but I don't count as a fish that I really caught.
However, the BAA posted it on their record list of that year as their best leather carp... {rolleyes)

ravey

Mine is a 23lb pike hooked in the anal fin. 2lb hook link to an 18 using my old glass fibre swing tip rod. That was a few years ago at Butterley reservoir. It must have been sitting over the hook link, and as I went to bring the tackle in, it was hooked. Took a while to get in, and even swam under the staging I was fishing from, and had to be pulled back out the way it went in. Had to ask the help of a nearby carp angler, as my own net was hopelessly inadequate. He cheerily offered to weight it as well, which was a nice gesture. That day still makes me smile. I wish I still had a picture of it, even though I couldn’t seriously count it as a PB.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Foul hooked bream make me laugh. I have probably had them to 4.5lb. The other day at chard an angler hooked something that was stripping line off his reel. He was worried about the clip and convinced he’d hooked one of the big carp in there. Turned out 20 minutes later to be a bream hooked on the hump of its back.

Total

Site Supporter
Foul hooked bream make me laugh. I have probably had them to 4.5lb. The other day at chard an angler hooked something that was stripping line off his reel. He was worried about the clip and convinced he’d hooked one of the big carp in there. Turned out 20 minutes later to be a bream hooked on the hump of its back.
Did you land it though?:unsure::whistle:;)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Did your 1 kg of worms see you through the week ok?
Yeah they did! Cheers! Was more than enough and somehow I managed to keep them fresh so they’re going in the wormery when I get home.

DFL

Site Supporter
I foul hooked a sturgeon in the tail fin, took an age to land, went 18lb, never really considered whether it was a pb or not.

I caught a schoolie bass bass last week, would you say this was foulhooked?

6D8D8882-07C1-47A5-84A7-F617A095AE07.jpeg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’d call that fair and square looks pretty clear that it was almost certainly trying to eat it.