Youngest has Covid

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hope he recovers quickly and the rest of you manage to avoid it.

BTMS

Site Supporter
Sounds promising M8. hope he recovers quickly, and the rest of the family stay safe(y)

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Today's update;

Youngest still coughing a little, but nothing more than with a normal cold. Seems bright and happy otherwise. Currently binge watching Harry Potter (again)

Rest of us have tested negative this morning on LFTs

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
We have a tradition from when the kids were young that a few days before Christmas we'd go for a ride out in the car and look at the Christmas lights in the area (and maybe grab some food while we're out). I thought the kids had grown out of it, but a few weeks back they asked to do it this year. Well tonight would have been the night.

So I took my eldest out in the car and when we found some really nice displays, we stopped the car and live streamed video on whatsapp back to the youngest so he didn't feel so left out. It's not the same, but its adds a little variety to things.

We also asked what he'd like for tea - McDonalds or Pizza.

He's just polished off a pile of Pepperoni pizza, so, all things considered, I think he's had a good night... and is now watching Fantastic Mr Fox on TV.

I'm sharing this in case it helps anyone else in a similar position (now or in the future) come up with ideas to help those in isolation at difficult times. It's going to be a strange Christmas for us down here, but I guarantee it'll be one we'll remember.

Stay safe all. Spanky.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have just had a message that my 2 youngest granddaughters aged 5 and 2 have COVID along with my middle son.
Youngest granddaughter had bad night ,very restless and seemed to be hallucinating. Her sister and dad are not too bad. Daughter in law is lucky at the moment ,she hasn't got it, just running around after the girls and my lad.
Family problems with other part of family in Warrington, I was going to go and try and sort it, but staying in Oxford.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL ON MD .

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I have just had a message that my 2 youngest granddaughters aged 5 and 2 have COVID along with my middle son.
Youngest granddaughter had bad night ,very restless and seemed to be hallucinating. Her sister and dad are not too bad. Daughter in law is lucky at the moment ,she hasn't got it, just running around after the girls and my lad.
Family problems with other part of family in Warrington, I was going to go and try and sort it, but staying in Oxford.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL ON MD .
Sorry to hear that mate. I can't imagine what it would be like with real young ones since isolation is just not an option. Fingers crossed they all get through it unscathed

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that mate. I can't imagine what it would be like with real young ones since isolation is just not an option. Fingers crossed they all get through it unscathed
Cheers mate, I had it early October and was really bad with it .
I am going to phone up later to speak to the girls and pretend to be Father Christmas to try and cheer them up.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
And we're in the club now too :cautious:

My eldest has just tested positive, just as we had finished preparing all the food for everyone to come round tomorrow. Looks like all the buffet in the world is mine. (He's fine, which is the main thing. Annoyed, but fine).

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
And we're in the club now too :cautious:

My eldest has just tested positive, just as we had finished preparing all the food for everyone to come round tomorrow. Looks like all the buffet in the world is mine. (He's fine, which is the main thing. Annoyed, but fine).
Sorry to hear that mate. It's going to be a strange day today,

On the upside we've been told is our lad test negative today and tomorrow he can stop quarantining tomorrow. So fingers crossed for good news this morning.

BTMS

Site Supporter
Daughter tested positive they text last night. They were going to her partners family for Christmas, She is gutted to say the least. Not feeling to bad just headache a bit run down and fluey. I think there may be a few more before new year unfortunately

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
This morning's test is looking good so far (negative).

Just watched him open his presents remotely. He's ok.

And inadvertently reduced the wife to tears (I'd bought her a custom jigsaw made up of photos of the kids - timings was not quite right for today).

Merry Christmas one and all