youngers of harrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhl man

formally known as
does anyone know of these rod makers , ive been asked about a otter brand one of these rods , any help and advice would be good
cheers richard[:W][:H]

The Runner

Site Supporter
Youngs was a tackle shop,closed about seven or eight years ago now when the lease ran out and they retired.
Clive Young who ran it was a very good rodmaker (as presumably was his father who I think had the shop before him) and "Otter Brand" was their trademark.

THey were clients of the accountancy firm I used to work for and remember going there to do their VAT and sitting in the little back room surrounded by a mass of old blanks, metal ferrules, corks, fly tying equipment and everything else you could think of, and trying not to bang my elbows on the big metal vices attached to the only desk....

dhl man

formally known as
the rod i got looks like a 50s or 60s rod , and i cant find much on it except its a roaching rod i think , it belongs to a mate of mine who wants rid of it . its a 3 peice split cane with a fibre glass top and the only bits i can find about it is from http://www.inthenetuk.com/pages/VintageRods_YoungsOfHarrow.asp

dhl man

formally known as
well just stuck this and a leslie moncrief beach caster on ebay iffin anyones interested both with a 9.99 starting price

Status
Not open for further replies.