You'd think I'd be happy.....

Alantherose

Site Supporter
The temptation in times of dislocation (such as various lockdowns) is to become self-indulgent and self-preoccupied. The sucker punch is that wherever “you” go, there “you” are (as they say in the recovery/rehab business). The harsh truth is that nobody “makes” anyone feel angry and aggressive, but people’s behaviour reveals to you that you are angry, aggressive, self-righteous etc.

In the words of Radiohead, “You do it to yourself, and that’s what really hurts.”

Blanks

Site Supporter
The temptation in times of dislocation (such as various lockdowns) is to become self-indulgent and self-preoccupied. The sucker punch is that wherever “you” go, there “you” are (as they say in the recovery/rehab business). The harsh truth is that nobody “makes” anyone feel angry and aggressive, but people’s behaviour reveals to you that you are angry, aggressive, self-righteous etc.

In the words of Radiohead, “You do it to yourself, and that’s what really hurts.”
Correct, When information comes to the brain it is also acted on by the organs that secrete hormones which influence our emotions. Reasearch is only path to find the truth, objectivity is the tool to decide on the result.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Well I was feeling quite jolly till this morning... last night I parked the car, place a 1 pint box full of maggots behind the rear wheel of the motor (had a breakout once, all maggots outside the car since) got up this morning and some c***s had them away... why....? Just why have some people got to be utter C***s

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Harold dear boy, I have read this thread and your problem is obvious, you have too may hinges on your bog door.

Seriously, happy home life and hobbies, just ignore the rest of the world. You `aint gonna change it!

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I was feeling quite jolly till this morning... last night I parked the car, place a 1 pint box full of maggots behind the rear wheel of the motor (had a breakout once, all maggots outside the car since) got up this morning and some c***s had them away... why....? Just why have some people got to be utter C***s
Are you sure it wasn’t a fox or some other creature, a box full of maggots would make a tasty meal for plenty of animals.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
In a sealed box...????? A blue prestons 1 pint bait box...?

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
In a sealed box...????? A blue prestons 1 pint bait box...?
That’s not a big box for a fox to carry off. Just a thought, if it turned out to be true you might stop yourself getting so wound up. Personally I wouldn’t leave anything I didn’t want nicked outside (and I live in what’s classed as a ‘nice’ area with very little crime).

PJ Rothwell

Site Supporter
Jeez mate, you have got to learn the art of the eye roll, deep breath and get on with it. You will do yourself harm if you don't chill out a bit. I used to be a bit hot headed, used bad language and got irritated easily, now it's 'oh dash, silly me leaving that there', suck it up and move on!!