You Messed That Right Up Didn’t You!

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Had a lovely day out with the Mendip Nomads Angling Club at Trinity Woodlands in Bridgwater today. I drew golden peg 25 and decided to fish for silvers as there are far better carp pegs here than this one. That was mistake number one. Started well at 2+2 fishing meat over So Simple FA2 RTG’s and had three decent skimmers straight off. I was already counting my winnings 😢 Had a few roach and the skimmers were getting smaller so put a So Simple FA1 Janner on the hook to try to tempt their big brothers. Hooked a decent one first put in but that was that on that line. Went out to 11 metres and had a few small skimmers, hooked and lost a few carp on this line but things weren’t happening quickly enough. By now the wind was pushing down our end of the pond and the lads opposite started catching good carp. Did I change tactics and fish for them? Mistake number two! Course I didn’t, even after I caught and landed two decent carp, one of which was foul hooked in the tail and took 30 minutes to get in 😢 No, I carried on looking for big skimmers, maybe a tench or even an eel that fancied a bit of luncheon meat or a Janner. Mistake number three. Didn’t take any maggots or worms, why fish for silvers without them!!!
Anyhow, the match ended, I had no idea what weight I had in my nets but knew it wouldn’t be enough. Turned out I had 24lb 5oz of silvers and 15lb 15oz of carp for nowhere. Great day though, with a cracking bunch of lads and lots learned. Didn’t even get my new reel out for a go with it, that’ll have to wait until Avalon in a couple of weeks time 🎣 93A4503B-7818-4CE6-A40D-62E691F48002.jpeg 3DAEE0EB-1314-4C88-BA77-1479B5867DB4.jpeg

Total

Site Supporter
What goods a tidy peg if you’ve no maggots ? 🤣 Is fishing that easy darn sarf you don’t need bait ? Anyway, I’ve changed my ways. I’ve tidied myself up …… 1634F139-AC7B-46E1-850F-2F9837F823DE.jpeg ish. 🤣🤣🤣
^^ Very 'Ish'......ish!:oops:;):giggle:

I think our DD is using a smaller exploding devices in his pegs to the ones you use mate and that maybe a way for you to improve your situation!:love::p:ROFLMAO:....(I doubt it!:ROFLMAO:😘)......I'll let you know if we need bait or not!:whistle:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
^^ Very 'Ish'......ish!:oops:;):giggle:

I think our DD is using a smaller exploding devices in his pegs to the ones you use mate and that maybe a way for you to improve your situation!:love::p:ROFLMAO:....(I doubt it!:ROFLMAO:😘)......I'll let you know if we need bait or not!:whistle:
Errrrr …… hark at her. Leaving zips open is soooooooo untidy. And that flask cup …. Not centralised with side tray. C’mon get it together. 🤣🤣🤣 F9BF407A-71D8-47E7-B320-18BE8A3691CC.jpeg

Total

Site Supporter
Errrrr …… hark at her. Leaving zips open is soooooooo untidy. And that flask cup …. Not centralised with side tray. C’mon get it together. 🤣🤣🤣 F9BF407A-71D8-47E7-B320-18BE8A3691CC.jpeg
Notice how the rear of the peg is swept with the sort of broom you use!;):love::ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Looks like it don't it?:giggle:......It's actually a piece of reed from the vegetation on the right out of shot........(y)
Don’t let Ukzero1 see it. He’d have a float made out of that in no time.

Aside …. I could never get on with sarcanda ( sarcastic ) reed myself. Ukzero1 tells me they were ok but, choose how I shorted one they never cast as good as a peacock quill. 🤷‍♂️

Total

Site Supporter
Don’t let Ukzero1 see it. He’d have a float made out of that in no time.

Aside …. I could never get on with sarcanda ( sarcastic ) reed myself. Ukzero1 tells me they were ok but, choose how I shorted one they never cast as good as a peacock quill. 🤷‍♂️
You're right about the sarkanda reed floats....Often they needed straightening and if not properly doped (regularly) would take on water like a good'un..:(

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Why do you take a box full of screws and rawlplugs fishing??? 😘
🤣🤣. Hey DD, with the state of the stagings on our ponds that’s not a bad idea matey. There’s many a time I’ve come away after a full platform wobble thinking … that was close. No mate, our club needs a kick up it’s arse. Someone soon is going to get hurt. Look at this for a disabled peg. Despicable. Our committee should be voted out. 86CD67DC-71DA-4E99-B6A7-6644C5C29B32.jpeg

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
🤣🤣. Hey DD, with the state of the stagings on our ponds that’s not a bad idea matey. There’s many a time I’ve come away after a full platform wobble thinking … that was close. No mate, our club needs a kick up it’s arse. Someone soon is going to get hurt. Look at this for a disabled peg. Despicable. Our committee should be voted out. 86CD67DC-71DA-4E99-B6A7-6644C5C29B32.jpeg

That is shocking, no electrical pun intended 😘 Looks like it’ll be a case of waiting until someone gets seriously hurt, or worse, before your club gets its finger out and claims “lessons have been learned” etc etc 😢