You can tell fishing has started again!

Paul.P

When I was a very young kid my dad would always tell me that if I left any litter he wouldn't take me again; the lessons stuck and to this day I hate seeing litter.:cursing:
Yes Dave, & if you was like me, if you misbehaved there would be consequences, normally painful, but not nowadays, countries gone soft i'm afraid !

Old Myke.

Cantankerous old git :)
Started Fishing a national trust lake some of years ago with a few others, always walkers using the lake path bikers as well then you have the dog walkers!!..... on one particular day I noticed groups of young people late teens to mid twenties at a guess with older guides?. Most passed by but some sat at seats near the fishing platforms eating sandwiches causally tossing the empty sandwich packs onto the ground along with cans and bottles!!. Now who do you think will be blamed! fortunately one of the voluntary bailiffs was about so I lost no time in informing him as to who was responsible.
Sadly that kind of ignorant littering behavior is all to common :mad::mad:

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Several times I've seen similar actions by non anglers whilst I've been fishing. Just hold your phone up as if you are filming what they are doing and it's amazing how quick they pick their rubbish up.

LincsExile

Like hooligans who watch footie are not football fans , people who just want to camp and get pixxxed while fishing are not anglers....I have never understood the need for beer on the backside...in a pub lovely but not when fishing for me....
You beat me to it Keith ... these are morons who claim to fish, not true anglers ... absolute scum !!

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have always thought that this site was made up of responsible anglers who respect the rules and would not litter. However after reading some of the posts put up in the last week or so I am starting to have my doubts !

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
SEIF.... THRICE....!!!!

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
when I went for a walk to local pond in shutdown was full of lager cans been left by people fishing and when I went upto local res to peg I like fishing someone had left bottles of lager and other rubbish under rocks they where not English labels on bottles so I assume foreign anglers

squimp

Site Supporter
Back in the day I used to fish a Lea valley pit that involved a long walk along a canal towpath to access it. We used to visit the lake in the close season to bait up and plumb swims and the canal bank was clean.

By about June 20th the towpath would be filthy - and it was obviously all anglers’ litter.

why can’t clubs/water owners ban those that leave litter ? Reading club has a rule to the effect that ANY litter in your peg means a ban - So people pick up any litter before they start fishing. Simple. But it requires good bailiffing.

I had a party of four guys come to my lakes for a long weekend a few years ago. The day after they left I found a bag of litter hidden under a bush adjacent to one of the swims they had been fishing. They won’t be coming back.