You can tell fishing has started again!

Terry D

The taxpayers can afford it!
Just a couple of days is all it took to tell fishing had started on my local Hemlington Lake in South Middlesbrough. The litter has increased in leaps and bounds, mostly drink bottles and cans. I've been walking around it every day for my exercise during lockdown. This morning some anglers had dumped 3 large boxes of empty lager cans and about 2 dozen beer bottles by one of the waste bins. They couldn't put them in the bin as this was toppers and was only emptied the other day. No doubt the same anglers who had been drinking most of the night then packed up and drove home in their cars afterwards. Gripe over.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
This has just been put up on the A1 pits site.

Message from Steve: Some lads have left today and dumped four black sacks of rubbish by the church. Steve knows who they were and they are not welcome anymore. Someone from the village has just come onto the site to tell him.

D

Deleted member 24128

:mad:

Why can't people just take their rubbish back home with them? It's easier than it was getting it all there in the first place. This kind of thing really grinds my gears. Selfish selfish ********!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
This has just been put up on the A1 pits site.

Message from Steve: Some lads have left today and dumped four black sacks of rubbish by the church. Steve knows who they were and they are not welcome anymore. Someone from the village has just come onto the site to tell him.
Makes my blood boil does that. I'm already starting to see litter on our canals and what are we into ? Day 5 ? Unreal.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
What Boils my Pizz though mick is ok they took time out to put the litter in bin bags (y) They also put it in their vehicle and took it with them off site (y) then Obviously stopped their vehicles and dumped it at the Church :mad::mad:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Makes my blood boil does that. I'm already starting to see litter on our canals and what are we into ? Day 5 ? Unreal.

1 and a half black bags of rubbish removed off the clubs waters this morning. Problem is, we have an ancient public right of way going down one side of the lakes . Dog walkers, horse riders, people exercising by walking through etc. makes it impossible to say whether it's anglers or not though I've no doubt some of it is. And when there's a large rubbish bin as you come on/go out of the fishery, it doesn't make sense in dumping it all over.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
1 and a half black bags of rubbish removed off the clubs waters this morning. Problem is, we have an ancient public right of way going down one side of the lakes . Dog walkers, horse riders, people exercising by walking through etc. makes it impossible to say whether it's anglers or not though I've no doubt some of it is. And when there's a large rubbish bin as you come on/go out of the fishery, it doesn't make sense in dumping it all over.
Yes and the council will be quick to blame the fishery I bet ? You do a good job there pal. It's a nice fishery. ?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Apart from the odd fag end I never see any rubbish on any of the places I fish. What does wind me up though is when people leave line on the ground. They must know how hazardous it is to wildlife.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
What Boils my Pizz though mick is ok they took time out to put the litter in bin bags (y) They also put it in their vehicle and took it with them off site (y) then Obviously stopped their vehicles and dumped it at the Church :mad::mad:
No words for it Dave. ?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Apart from the odd fag end I never see any rubbish on any of the places I fish. What does wind me up though is when people leave line on the ground. They must know how hazardous it is to wildlife.

I think I read on here that if you cut it into small pieces birds use it as nesting material? I never leave it behind myself.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
This was left on the banks of our canal. And this was in lockdown ffs. I took them home and put them in my own bin. Took seconds. I hate litter. 6B114561-EB76-4C31-9213-C4422722CACE.jpeg

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
This was adjacent to our fishery car park only a couple of weeks ago but, now the council have been and moved it. 5982EF8F-1ED1-474E-9C4D-B9017A46F520.jpeg

Keith Sparky

It's a real shame but my club waters were always open to all and sold day tickets to the kids and we had people walking dogs etc...over the years we just had more and more anti social behaviour and even the dog walkers were getting worse with pole sections etc being broken by people not prepared to wait for you to move any gear out of the way....in the end the waters now are fenced off and gated and for season ticket holders only which is great but how do the good kids out there get to fish like we did ?