You Can Never Have Too Many

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well he's either gone with the attitude that it's worth buying enough to then never need to buy anymore again or he does just have a feeder fetish! Or he needs loads as he's very good at loosing them to snags and foliage 😅

Simon R

Site Supporter
Nice to see that proper feeder anglers use the old Stanley Fatmax :D

I've only got a single one of them and that holds about 90% of the feeders I own - the rest are in a tub in the base of my box - I should swap and change them a lot more than I actually do but what tends to happen is I add feeders to the tub until it gets too full to accept anymore when I fetch it inside and start again.

I must admit I was a little disappointed, after seeing the video title, that it wasn't somebody attempting to balance a couple of dozen open end feeders on top of each other :p

Simon

baggy

Mark Saunders
Well he's either gone with the attitude that it's worth buying enough to then never need to buy anymore again or he does just have a feeder fetish! Or he needs loads as he's very good at loosing them to snags and foliage 😅
Well he does fish for the England feeder team, so he needs to cover his bases

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It's enough to drive him back to his garage to finish off the ceiling. 😂 🤣

PS. remember as a Mod he has access to THE BIG RED BUTTON. ;)
🤣🤣. I wonder why he doesn’t like feeder fishing ? I’m not a lover of it myself but, it does catch a hell of a lot of fish. This year ( if we ever get out properly ) I’m going to pick up a waggler rod more often. Like a lot of anglers I’ve got poleitis. Nothing like catching on a waggler at say 25 - 30m. A nice pleasure fishing method. 👍

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well he does fish for the England feeder team, so he needs to cover his bases
There's covering all bases then there's having 10 of each feeder, mind you I guess on multi day events of rocky venues you could lose a few 🤔

🤣🤣. I wonder why he doesn’t like feeder fishing ? I’m not a lover of it myself but, it does catch a hell of a lot of fish. This year ( if we ever get out properly ) I’m going to pick up a waggler rod more often. Like a lot of anglers I’ve got poleitis. Nothing like catching on a waggler at say 25 - 30m. A nice pleasure fishing method. 👍
I can see where he's coming from. I don't mind a bit of feeder fishing but it's just a necessity method for me for when it's clearly going to out fish the float, say very windy, very quick or deep water. I always enjoy it when I do it but it's just not as good as float fishing for me so floats always my plan A and tbh is usually the better method where I fish anyway. I just like float fishing for the lighter gear, the greater visual aspects and the way it just has more subtly and touch and feel to it if that makes sense.

baggy

Mark Saunders
There's covering all bases then there's having 10 of each feeder, mind you I guess on multi day events of rocky venues you could lose a few 🤔
exactly, even at Tamar there are rocky areas. Draw on the wrong peg 3 days out of 5 and you could go through a few feeders, that’s without mentioning crack offs 🤭

Keith Sparky

But how many stick waggler balsa crowquills clubbers do you carry for a river session........hundreds I guess..... but use the same 3AAA insert waggler every time ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
But how many stick waggler balsa crowquills clubbers do you carry for a river session........hundreds I guess..... but use the same 3AAA insert waggler every time ?
Did have a bit of a clear out of floats before last season (had so many rubbish ones!) and got it down to probably not a lot more than 50 of them, probably about 20 wagglers, 20 sticks and 15 miscellaneous, up to a handful of some sizes/patterns and just a couple of other sizes/patterns. But yes over the course of this season I've probably only used 2 different size loaded wagglers and about 5 different sized sticks 😅

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My Guru feeder box is looking pretty forlorn now, only a few cage feeders in there. Though I do have a bag with around 40 Black Cap feeders in as I get through so many on the weir. And bag with a load of open end feeders I bought cheap from AD but haven't got round to using.