yorky speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill G

Grandad
hey yorkys i am fishing with the main man our imperious red leader and as he is from oop norf in yorky land i was wondering if you could pass on any info on the dialect you use for communicating oop there things like eh oop ,and ee ba gum i already know its the easy stuff you use day in and day out i need as i dont want to appear to educated and upper class to dave
many thanks in advance BILL [:D][:D]
have put on tin hat and flack jacket

Last edited:

pegasus

benny
just speak proper english like what we do and im sure if we want to listen to you then we will get the jist of what your blathering on about.

midge99

Originally posted by pegasus

just speak proper english like what we do and im sure if we want to listen to you then we will get the jist of what your blathering on about.
Ditto, Bloody sufeners

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Don't worry Bill, the tightarsed Yorkie will be struck dumb when he sees the price of the day ticket.[:p][:D]

Thom

all those bloody yorkies speak too proper....

posh voices and all that...

they ahve nowt on durham when it comes to accents!

Bill G

Grandad
bugger me im going to need a dialect dictionary to keep up with this [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Don't worry Bill, those monkeees think anyone south of the Watford Gap is a Cockney.[:D]

Bill G

Grandad
bloody hell another norferner this time from right up in london

[:D][:D][:D]

Thom

Originally posted by Peter

Don't worry Bill, those monkeees think anyone south of the Watford Gap is a Cockney.[:D]

anything south of sunderlands a bloody cockney [:p]

midge99

Originally posted by Peter

well thats right ain't it[:D]

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Don't worry Bill, those monkeees think anyone south of the Watford Gap is a Cockney.

And them suvvern shandy poofs think anything North of Watford is Northern[:p]

Best way to deal with Dave is when he is talking just nod your head, if he looks puzzled, shake your head. At least it will LOOK like you are understanding.

Avoid using classic suvvern phrases such as 'luvverly jubberly' 'owright there moi san' and 'geeeezzzzeeerrr'.

Don't expect to find any jellied eels up here, we only eat FOOD.

simonelsey

only1 net empty
I reckon hes come down for a urgent cricket lesson as up norf you cannot play the game .

Or

Has it got too cold up norf and the coming of mid life is looking at moving down south for the sun.[:D]

Last edited:

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
AND never tell a Yorkie its his round or he's out of the pub. According to their rules, its your round all the time [;)]

Thom

Originally posted by simonelsey

I reckon hes come down for a urgent cricket lesson as up norf you cannot play the game .

Or

Has it got too cold up norf and the coming of mid life is looking at moving down south for the sun.[:D]

Hey, we have one of the BEST cricket teams thankyou!

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
First thing and the best thing you could do is............................................................

Shake his hand and drop him a 1

(He'll think he's beaten you already, that'll confuse him for the day) [;)][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.