yorkshire trip may 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

timber

built for comfort
Well it was time again for another trip over the pennines to Yorkshire. we camped at a site called Scalm park,that has 3 lakes and a golf course.
this was home for 3 nights

Datafile11.jpg

First days fishing we decided to try the middle lake on the camp site
had a couple of nice commons and some very welcome crucians.
couple of carp from the site lake

Datafile11.jpg

Datafile11.jpg

Second day we fished the same lake,but for some reason the crucian had switched off and i ended up with a net full of roach and another couple of commons.
Third day we had a trip to pool bridge farm,and i have got to say it was one of the most enjoyable days fishing for a long time,started of on horseshoe lake inbetween two bushes and decided to fish to the bush on my right,here is a view of the peg.

Datafile11.jpg

first put in resulted in a small roach second put in got me a good sized bream about 3lb then it was roach after roach and good quality fish they were too.Tried switching baits with corn,paste,caster and pellet,then i decided to try bread,well i wished i'de done it earlier,started to get better bites and better quality roach and skimmers had another slab then i hit this zoo creature that really tested the 12's elastic.
the result.

Datafile11.jpg

then after several more silvers this put in an appearance

Datafile11.jpg

and if i thought the first common gave me a scr*p this was even harder, a pristine mirror.

Datafile11.jpg

cant wait to go back,probably for 3 nights again in september.

Towpath Tyke

There seems to be alot of `Lanky s` popping over to us in Yorkshire lately??? always told them it was better fishing over here! lol (roses match)!![:eek:)]

timber is a trater lol however you spell that get back over to Lancashire so much better fishing lmao

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
Glad you had a good time Timber and i think you can camp at Pool Bridge Farm,only trouble,it's quite a trek to the nearest pub [:D]

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
Good report. Love the pictures the fish look to be in good fettle.

craig b

fishing is good at the moment at poolbridge farm some good size fish being caught, but just coming to the end of spawning now so some of the fish have a few battle scars.

Status
Not open for further replies.