York DAA

Grumpyfish

Thinking of joining one question is Park View a viable pike fishery in the winter

Thanks in advance

david white

Site Supporter
Hopefully someone who actually fish for them will be along with detailed answer but many times I’ve had pike strike at fish in my peg and yesterday I had a pike in my peg for a good few hours with at least 3 or 4 occasions the small roach and Rudd became flying fish ( bizarrely I hooked a 4-5 lb pike whilst retrieving my worm hookbait on my feeder gear later that evening )
I’ve seen high singles and low doubles over the years I’ve fish here, quite a few years ago there was a big female ( 20 + ) with 3 or 4 jack pike in tow ( spawning ritual ? )
Fair few pike in the Derwent at Howsham and Kirkham below the weir hooked on trotting gear winding back small fish ( also had trout and perch on minnows being retrieved ( not by design )

david white

Site Supporter
Sorry can’t help on that venue only paid the extra for the first time this year and been once ( not really my cup of tea but I may try Potters this winter now it’s reopened as it reportedly got some depth and a decent head of silvers )