Yet more waggler rod questions

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
Tri cast landing net handles are very good ,below £50 for the 4m
Yep, had my eye on the tri cast for a while, no local stockists though and would rather try one in hand before buying. I presume they would be lighter than my garbolino netsy handle?

Rick123

Site Supporter
It’s useable with my 12 foot rod, it just means having to stretch a bit. I’ll try it with the third section on the handle, should be better balanced

I almost did the same as you're thinking, but I did not go for the 11' Acolyte. Prefering to stick with a 13' rod and that it would be a better all around rod, and there are some very good light rods with the specifications you want? I know it's all the fashion to have a short float rod, but if you do have to reach out a little further, then 13' will do it better. Don't forget, most of the people advertising these rods get them free. They take a dozen spare pole tops and maybe 6 other rods every trip. You mentioned unable to find the weight of a rod, well if your going down to an 11' it won't be a problem, and maybe you're over-thinking it all. I too do that sometimes, what's an ounce if you get the action your prefer, nothing is it! I brought the 13' Preston (light) 13' supera carbon active a very handsome rod for silvers.

richox12

It’s useable with my 12 foot rod, it just means having to stretch a bit. I’ll try it with the third section on the handle, should be better balanced
Bear in mind that with the 3.6m it doesn't all need to be used and in front of you. If the swim allows (so no passers by behind you) then so what if 3.0m is in front and 0.6m is stuck out the back when netting ? It'll balance fine then anyway. You'll only be sliding it forward and sliding it back.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Yep, had my eye on the tri cast for a while, no local stockists though and would rather try one in hand before buying. I presume they would be lighter than my garbolino netsy handle?
Not sure on the weight comparison but it is strong and doesnt feel very heavy to me , i like it because you can use it at different lengths and the strength at a very good price .

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
Not sure on the weight comparison but it is strong and doesnt feel very heavy to me , i like it because you can use it at different lengths and the strength at a very good price .
Thanks for that. I might take a punt on one. My existing handle has a small split on one ofthe joints and probably needs replacing. I also liked the look of the new preston monster handles. They’re not featherweight but feel strong and are reasonably priced. Plus they’re actually in stock!

robert d

Site Supporter
Thanks for that. I might take a punt on one. My existing handle has a small split on one ofthe joints and probably needs replacing. I also liked the look of the new preston monster handles. They’re not featherweight but feel strong and are reasonably priced. Plus they’re actually in stock!
Dave red leader has one and a few others on here ,i think there us a thread about them on here ,i think they all think they are very good

robert d

Site Supporter
There is another thread ,,,,, which landing net handle ....... look at that ,it will give you a better idea and others ideas