YET ANOTHER PLAUSIBLE SCAM

ginger

Site Supporter

I received the email below complete with DVLA Logo at the top ( hasn't copied). I bought the vehicle, a Kia Carens (perfect fishing wagon!) last October and taxed it for the year. I know just how much I have in my bank account to within a few quid, there are other clues if you read it carefully although the 'Pay Now' box looks right it hasn't copied from the original same as the logo at the top

Hello *********@btinternet.com,

DVLA have been notified electronically about you latest payment for your vehicle tax failed because there is not enough money on you debit card.

Your vehicle is no longer taxed.

We have generated a new invoice, and we suggest you to use a credit card instead of a debit, to avoid any other consequences that might appear in case again won't be enough funds inside.

If you do not pay your fine on time your vehicle could be clamped or crushed, or your details passed to a debt collection agency.

You may wish to save or print this email confirmation for your records.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
‘Your vehicle could be clamped or crushed’

Jesus H Christ, who falls for this rubbish??

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I had one yesterday on the phone "This is your internet & landline provider, your service will cease due to a security issue". I'm waiting for another one from HMRC so I can play with them for a while.

H T B

Site Supporter
I bought some premium bonds a few months ago.
Got quite excited when I received a text saying I’d won the premium bond bonus draw.
All I had to do was click on the official looking link.

I didn’t
I went on the official website and checked my numbers.
Sorry you haven’t won this time.”

See you next Tuesday! 😡

JayD

Site Supporter
It's strange that this has been posted, because this morning I got a WhatsApp message from someone not on my contact list. The profile pic was a pretty young Asian girl, with the message, " Tom, I think I left my bag in your car last night, could you please check for me?" I got another from the same mobile, an hour later, saying, "Sorry, I added the wrong number, I hope you don't mind". I googled the number, and it came from either Indonesia, or Russia, depending on which site I looked on. I blocked the number straight away. It seemed like it was using the image as bait to try and engage any interested males into a 'conversation', to try and extract information. If I'd have been 17, instead of nearly 71, I might have been tempted to risk it, but not these days.

John.

grumpy44

Site Supporter
not a scam but, am i becoming paranoid. my lad is looking for new house and we spoke about it last night on my phone. today i looked at Facebook marketplace on my laptop, usually filled with tools etc. and it was full of houses. coincident?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Had 3 calls today from mobile numbers saying there's been unusual activity on my BT account and they were going to cancel it... press 1 to get in touch.... scamming arsewipes