Yessss, BIG Perch, new PB!

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
Canadian Nightcrawlers -
lobs.jpg

0.75oz ledger bomb, free running on the Delkim Ev-D, Prorex XR 9ft 5-25g + Prorex XR 2500RA -
delk.jpg

2lbs 2oz Perch, new PB -
pb.jpg

Macclesfield Canal - arrived at 12:30'ish, started on the Wide Hole(WAA card) and then moved onto the canal stretch due to no action / getting nibbled by smaller fish - mind you, I would have appreciated a take but didn't land anything.

...it was at around 17:00 when the Delkim screamed and the bobbin stayed up - I thought I'd hooked the bottom and then I got a glimpse the fish - not quite break the surface before... it came off, I thought it might have been a carp, but from the way it felt I was shaken and sick at the thought that it could have been a big BIG Perch -
...then it happened again, this time I seen the stripes, it came off!!! And I also missed a couple of takes, it was around 18:00 and these were not small Perch in my swim, I was excited but feeling anxious as daylight dwindled.

Then it happened, weighed in a disposable carrier bag, no landing net zero'ing / potential mistakes this time, that's a 2lbs 2oz Perch.
Anybody who knows of me on here knows how much effort I've been putting into these fish, absolutely over the moon.

Last edited:

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
Nice one (y)

Not quite sure on the way you're holding it though, it might be better to support it from both ends ;)

Yeah fair enough it's funny you should say - I had him up like that for 3-4 seconds and absolutely felt that he was a bit too heavy for it, anyway pic done and back in the drink right as rain.
I'm not used to catching the biguns! :LOL:

DFL

Site Supporter
Lovely fish, but as Dave has said, handle with care and respect, both perch and pike are quite fragile creatures, just don’t tell their prey! 👍