Yelvertoft Fishery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi All [:)]

Was reading some of my publications on day and club waters last night and come across this one that I thought was appropriate for this part of the forum.

YELVERTOFT FISHERY

Several of the fisheries in the area boast about their odd peg or two reserved for disabled anglers this fishery however has ALL it's pegs accessable to the disabled angler both wheelchair bound and visually impaired alike.

Brian Faulkner, the owner, who is himself confined to a wheelchair, created this 12 peg fishery back in 1992. The lake has depths of up to 16ft in the middle and is stocked with a variety of carp including Ghosties, commons, and mirrors, alongside which is ahealthy selection of tench, roach, chub, rudd, dace, perch, and gudgeon.

The current individual record stands at 102lbs in 5 hours.
Groundbait is only allowed in feeders, and barbless hooks are the norm.

Fishery is open all year round during the hours of daylight, and welcomes ALL anglers, both disabled and able bodied.
Toilet and washing facilities are easily accessable.

A flat and level concrete path encircles the lake leading to each of the 9'x8' wide timber fishing bays. The ample car park is visible from each and every peg for anglers to keep an eye on their cars.

Day tickets are currently 4.00, concessions at 3.50 for walking disabled, OAP's, Blind and wheelchair anglers 2.00

For further details or bookings ring Brian on 01788 823456

Actually come to think of it maybe Digger Barnes and the Rugby lads know of this fishery already. How about it Digger? Have you been there?

Datafile2.gif
Steve
Born To Fish
Forced To Work

WCA

I fish this lake very regularly.It might be small but it is stuffed full of fish.

Dave

WCA

Went Monday 17th.had loads of chub just under the surface and a couple of carp.All fish are starting to take surface baits.[:D]

Dave

MALC

Just noticed this thread and must admit that i never even knew it was there and i used to baliff and run a section of canal at Elkington which is just past it.[8)][8)]

I'll have to take a drive over and have a look.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Digger Barnes

' Digger'
Hi Bluey,
Sorry ive not replied to this thread i have only just come across it,
I havent fished this venue and i dont think we have as a club With it only being a 12 peg venue, we need venues with a minimum of about 15 pegs. I will ask some of the other members if they have fished there when i see them,
Tight Lines.

WCA

Thought I`d bring this back up.All the images below are of catches from Yelvertoft.As you can see they were taken at different times of the year showing you can catch anytime.

Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice montage Dave,
I hope you managed to get enough to do a similar one of you teaching Darren Cox how to catch carp at The Glebe.[;)][:D][:D][:D]

Peter.

You can't weigh it in
If it's not in the net.

WCA

LOL regretably Pete I`ve only got one JPEG of me and Mr.Cox

The top left piccy of the montage is a perch BTW [;)]

Dave

WCA

Went Yelvertoft yesterday.It wasn`t fishing great due to climate changes the last few days.I took 10 chub and 22 roach for 28-12-0.All on maggot fished 18 inches deep.

A young lad at the opposite end pulled out two carp while I was there on floaters.

Dave

Last edited:

dirk

Site Supporter
It was still a cracking weight Dave, for an off day.

BDAA/JAGB Level 2 Coach
www.bdaa.co.uk

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
quote:Originallly posted by Dave
LOL regretably Pete I`ve only got one JPEG of me and Mr.Cox

Yes and did you know that that picture appears in the August edition of "MIDLAND ANGLER"????[:)]
It's on page 3 or 5 I can't remember which 'cus some swine has nicked my copy to read an' I can't find it anywhere.
The picture comes along with a nice little write up too.

Nice one Dave.[^][:)]

WCA

Page 3 [:D]

AND pages 46-47-48-49-50-51 August edition of Advanced Pole Fishing LOL[;)]

Dave

dirk

Site Supporter
A celebrity amongst us, must go out and buy Midland Angler and have a look.

BDAA/JAGB Level 2 Coach
www.bdaa.co.uk

norm

WCA
you look better WITHOUT the goatee lol lol lol lol lol

norm

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,
I really enjoyed reading the article in APF.
Memories to treasure as you obviously had a fantastic day.[;)]
I do think young Mr MacInnes ought to be a bit more forthcoming with some more J-pegs for you though.[:D]

Peter.

Winner.
M/D's Individual Southern Qualifier 2004

WCA

Thanks it was a brilliant day with even better company.I`ve managed to get a few more pics now peter [:D]

Darren cox sent me an e-mail the following day and he was as happy as me with the day.

quote:Dave
What a day!
I think I enjoyed it as much as you, so did Pat, Mark and Ady. It is a day that I will never forget. The way those fish fed today was a once in an angling lifetime experience, and we were very lucky to be there at the right time. I think that they haven't spawned yet and were having their final meal before the sex starts, and with it being so late in the year and coinciding with such good weather we dropped on perfect. I would be interested in knowing what won the evening match.
I am really pleased that you enjoyed the day which is the most important thing, and I could see from the way that your technique improved throughout the day that you will take something away with you that will help you catch even more. You're feeding, holding the pole and float in position and playing of fish just got better and better.
It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we meet again very soon.
I will hopefully start to get involved online in the very near future.

Best Regards
Darren

Dave

jimmyb

Dave, l can see from the forum you are a angler who can fish a bit,ever thought of joining The British Disabled Anglers Association in short the B.D.A.A.We do organize matches for disabled anglers around the country ie The Grand Masters,teams of 5,the Triple Crown,
plus other projects,we try to encourage disabled anglers whether they be a novice or like yourself who can fish a bit to join us,whether it be to fish matches and try to win them, or to just enjoy the company on the day,if you like me both,to pass a bit of your skill on or to learn from other anglers,but we all have one thing in common we enjoy fishing.Just have a look at us on
www.bdaa.co.uk Hope to see you on the banking.[:)]
jimmyb

Gazhilla

Pasted to Death
I too enjoyed the read in APF, seemed you had a really good day. Hats off to the magazine and Darren for the feature, great angling all round. I too learnt loads from just reading the feature so you must have gained an awful lot.
Tight lines
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.