Yellow/Red cards

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I read a letter in this mornings Mail by a Sunday League coach saying how clubs are folding through lack of funding and he pointed this out.

According to premiersoccerchart, Players receive a fine of £10 per yellow card and £15 additional for every 5 yellow cards received. These fines are administration fees imposed by the Football Association.

These rules are set for every tier of football across England including the EPL and Championship all they way down to Sunday League games.The FA is also responsible for other disciplinary action including suspensions.

In addition, players are given suspensions for accumulation of cards. Accumulation of too many yellow cards at 5, 10, and 15 also results in a one match ban.

Apparently a sending off merits a fifty five pound fine,which the club are allowed to pay,you couldnt make it up !,as the letter writer pointed out,if the fines were realistic through the divisions and part of that was filtered down to grass roots football the game would be the better for it.

davylad

Site Supporter
I would have got 6 months in the slammer if it had been like that when I played. :eek:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I assume the FA have an AGM and that members can vote on proposals. If the lower league clubs want something changed then let them use the power they have to effect that change.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Account Locked
The fines system has been in place for decades and when I played in the 80s it was £5 & £10 then.

In amatuer football it's there as a deterrent to stop the more talented players from having the s**t kicked out of them every week..
Club fines are in place to stop pub teams from being just a bunch of peed up mates having a boot fest every weekend

AndyUnderwood

Site Supporter
It has to be the responsibility of the club to maintain the discipline of the players. Or get the players or players parents to pay the fines...... that would reduce the fines.