Yearly trip

adz1189

Adam
For the last couple of years my dad and myself have travelled 4 hours down to Furnace Mill fishery for a 2 day fishing trip. Considering this year trying somewhere different and wondered if anyone could recommend a venue around the midlands that would be well worth the journey down from the north east. General sort of coarse venue is what we are looking for with a good mixed stock maybe some bonus lumps!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
For the last couple of years my dad and myself have travelled 4 hours down to Furnace Mill fishery for a 2 day fishing trip. Considering this year trying somewhere different and wondered if anyone could recommend a venue around the midlands that would be well worth the journey down from the north east. General sort of coarse venue is what we are looking for with a good mixed stock maybe some bonus lumps!
Tunnel Barn Farm probably the best in the midlands, they have lodges, rooms or caravan accommodation as well

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Just search Eye Kettleby on here and loads of info will come up. I only live 10 minutes from there and we have stayed in the lodges twice. Have stayed at Stretton lakes too, but Eye Kettleby has more lakes and the onsite facilities at Eye Kettleby beat Stretton hands down, not to mention the River Trent only 35 minutes away if you fancy a change.

Eye Kettleby Lakes.

Another bonus not too far from the A1 either.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I think Furnace Mill is decent if you like commercials. Catch carp all day like but not many have 5lb+ Bream in there too! Actually prefer it to Tunnel Barn for that reason. Edit read it wrong - you've already been Furnace Mill, thought you was thinking of going there.

I want to go on a fishing holiday on the Severn somewhere...

adz1189

Adam
I think Furnace Mill is decent if you like commercials. Catch carp all day like but not many have 5lb+ Bream in there too! Actually prefer it to Tunnel Barn for that reason. Edit read it wrong - you've already been Furnace Mill, thought you was thinking of going there.

I want to go on a fishing holiday on the Severn somewhere...

I haven’t fished the river in years! Keep threatening every year to re join a local club that controls some nice stretches of the swale and tees but still yet to do so ? one day lol

Northantslad

'Any indications?
adz, have a read of my poem in the Barbel guide and it might inspire you, Silverfisher is spot on.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I haven’t been for a while but I always liked Larford Lakes. The large lake is full of decent bream and big carp. They have some static caravans which look nice though I’ve never stayed in one.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
What's the fishing like at Eye Kettleby? Looks like a nice site.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Does indeed look nice at eye kettleby but so far I’ve been put off my the sheer number of lakes, I wouldn’t have a clue which ones to fish as they don’t seem massively different to each other!