Yearbooks, Season Tickets Etc

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
1 club permit 6 ponds canal and part of River Don
Canal watersway permit not sure I will renew this one.due to covid

bluemack

Site Supporter
Been with the B.A.A for 50 years or more (only 30 quid for me now) had the leamington card last year but i did,nt like
the look of their stillwaters and Stratford town waters and Stratford lido are only £3.50 a day so felt it was,nt worth renewing.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Just one at the moment. 11 well stocked & well maintained ponds, miles of two canal stretches & a few good stretches of the Rivers Dee, Severn & Weaver. £55 a year so can't complain. Great set of lads as well.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Two - One with seven stillwaters and various river stretches, mainly trout in the rivers. 600 members.

The other currently has just one stillwater but it’s a beauty. Limited to 65 members and I was lucky to get in. It also has a stretch of the Derwent but I’ve never fished that.

There‘s another club I’m on a waiting list for. It only has one venue with two lakes but it’s really close to where I live.

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
Just one, Mirfield AC.

There are another couple of local clubs which i will re-join once I'm back for good.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Just one, W.D.N.A.C. Ringstead Fishery, commie style snake lake & donut, 2 pits, River Nene and backwater all accessible pretty much, by car. Miles of the Nene and backwaters in and around Wellingborough including the River Ise and Spinney Lakes, 2 carp ponds at Grendon, River Nene at Barnwell and Oundle, Great Ouse from Harrold to Chellington and some great pounds (so I've been told) of the Grand Union canal plus more all for the princely sum of £45. W.D.N.A.C waters, Gonna be a busy year for me, as I've set my self the task to fish every water the club holds this year now my hip has been replaced.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
ODAS & BDAC for me... living darn sarf tis a dear pair o tickets... 90 quid a pop... I do theodd social carping session of local waters with buddies who don't have tickets for either club but otherwise stick to my club waters... Ongar has 4 lakes (all on me doorstep) and a chunk of the Roding... Billericay has 30 lakes and loads of river to go at and is better value but further afield

alsur

Site Supporter
Just one Farnham AS but temped to get another as I want more river fishing.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
None - it’s like a closed shop around me with every club oversubscribed, the nearest has a 5yr waiting list :(

smiffy

Site Supporter
Just the one. Darn Sarf like Arry so I get rinsed to the tune of £80 a year. To be fair I do have several lakes to choose from and miles of river👍 Compared to the cost of a BAA card I do feel a bit ripped off.Southern Landlords😤😤

squimp

Site Supporter
Rinsed ?

Anybody who owns a private lake round here (Glos/Wilts border) and ONLY charges £80 a year for a fishing ticket needs their head examined....

There are so many other water users competing for lakes here that really cheap Stillwater fishing doesn’t exist anymore. One local club had the foresight to buy a few lakes years ago when they were cheap. Now a decent lake here is worth hundreds of thousands or even millions if a holiday home developer can get planning permission.

A guy I know owns a complex of lakes on the western edge of London. He tells me he can make more money in one day of open water swimming as compared to a years lease to an angling club. And he thinks anglers just moan (they do!), whereas the swimmers think he is lovely for letting them use his lake.....and he doesnt have to maintain a healthy fish stock/keep the cormorants off etc etc.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Rinsed ?

Anybody who owns a private lake round here (Glos/Wilts border) and ONLY charges £80 a year for a fishing ticket needs their head examined....

There are so many other water users competing for lakes here that really cheap Stillwater fishing doesn’t exist anymore. One local club had the foresight to buy a few lakes years ago when they were cheap. Now a decent lake here is worth hundreds of thousands or even millions if a holiday home developer can get planning permission.

A guy I know owns a complex of lakes on the western edge of London. He tells me he can make more money in one day of open water swimming as compared to a years lease to an angling club. And he thinks anglers just moan (they do!), whereas the swimmers think he is lovely for letting them use his lake.....and he doesnt have to maintain a healthy fish stock/keep the cormorants off etc etc.
I was trying to be tongue in cheek. If I pay twice that of others in different parts of the country,for less. Then I think I’m entitled to feel rinsed. Angling is a working class pastime, it’s not golf😉😁

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I'd say I live in the south just about and one of my tickets is dirt cheap and the other fairly reasonable. To my knowledge there's only really one expensive club around here most are cheap to reasonable. It is surprising given how expensive everything else around here is though. Like how can the average house price be like £450k and the average pint of beer pushing £4 yet you can get a ton of fishing for a year for £12 😂

smiffy

Site Supporter
It is very cheap really. Part of the problem locally has been syndicates. It’s become increasingly more difficult for clubs to compete and many waters have, sadly, been lost. Landlords have cottoned on as to how much they can get and has had a knock on effect even effecting river lease prices.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah most decent Stillwaters here have gone syndicate with only a few decent day ticket places left as most the day ticket places are soulless overly artificial holes in the ground that have the cheek to charge you a tenner.

Thankfully almost all the river fishing is through reasonably price clubs. Theoretically you can get day tickets for most of them as well but it’s a bit pointless as even the most expensive club is only the price of 4 or 5 day tickets with most just the price of a couple day tickets.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
In a club (Newlands) has 4 waters on the Linear complex and a stretch of river, it costs £40 a year for myself and partner.
Also a club that has good stretch on the Thames (Sandford)and can fish a couple of stretches on the canal. That is around £10 a year and that includes a night permit. I think @Silverfisher is in the same one,

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
The Thames one is Littlemore, costs £7 a year with free night permit .not £10 as I thought,

squimp

Site Supporter
I’m a member of Littlemore most years (ODAA access) and have been in Newlands club too. So I’m aware that there is still cheap river access available Round here. The places I river fish there aren’t any other anglers - which tells you why it is still cheap.

On the flip side work out how many swims there are at Linear (nr Witney) multiply that by the 24hr rate and see how much cash is swilling around Stillwater fishing. They regularly have to lock the doors because the place is full......obviously COVID permitting!

A top syndicate down here could easily be £2 grand for a ticket and there will still be a waiting list.

I’m lucky that I got into my 2 when the prices were fairly reasonable. They are still reasonably priced compared to some and if the two I’m in doubled the ticket price this year all the tickets would still go.

alsur

Site Supporter
There is a far bit of free fishing around here miles of Thames below Staines and short stretches of some of smaller rivers.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
In a club (Newlands) has 4 waters on the Linear complex and a stretch of river, it costs £40 a year for myself and partner.
Also a club that has good stretch on the Thames (Sandford)and can fish a couple of stretches on the canal. That is around £10 a year and that includes a night permit. I think @Silverfisher is in the same one,
Yep littlemore for me as well, although don't forget it includes all the odaa and a couple RDAA stretches as well as sandford so 10 stretches of the Thames in total 👍🏻 Whole £12 a season for us working masses!

Used to be a member of newlands but it's like £80 now and there's no way it's worth that, well maybe we're it on my doorstep but as it is I have to drive past too much cheaper and better fishing to get to it. My second club is half the price and has more probably better fishing closer to home.

The places I river fish there aren’t any other anglers - which tells you why it is still cheap.
I assume they aren't places on the ODAA/littlemore ticket? Ony places you tend to get to yourself of their river stretches are the lower fields of Clifton and northmoor and the Cherwell, generally have plenty of company on all the closer to Oxford stretches.