Yeahz - Its the weekend, What are your plans?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is anyone off fishing this weekend, got a match on, doing a bit of pleasure fishing, or heading to the rivers ?

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Had a cheeky few hours on the Trent yesterday evening. I managed a 5lb-ish bream and 2lb-ish chub. My mate managed an 8.12 bream and a 5lb chub. Which was rude.

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Pleasure fishing a local runs water. Was going at 7am but missed a parcel today so collecting that first thing instead.

Hope I can get a peg when I rock up to the lake at 930am 😯

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Was thinking of going to the Severn but have heard they've opened some dams so thinking twice about it.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I was fishing shearsby, but I’m not now, I’m on grandson duties instead...but I’m fishing opens on Tuesday,and Wednesday at Tunnel Barn, and a Thursday match at Bishops Bowl(white bishops)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Planning to be on the Thames tomorrow but looks potentially breezy so will see what it’s like in morning, might end up going Sunday when it’s forecast a bit better.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Fishing a pairs match tomorrow at Knypersley reservoir, then on Sunday escaping from the wife for a few days fishing on, the Aire and Calder nav canal, and also the New Junction canal, the latter venue will be a first for me.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
practice visit to the kent champs venue monday or tuesday

local pond with the black dog on sunday

nejohn

Site Supporter
I plan to get out on Sunday, if I can get a few jobs done tomorrow I will head off to the Wye early if not it will be a few hours on a club lake in the afternoon

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Fished today sturminster newton mill 5 lb bream 3 chuck bumped one on 8-10 chuck must of spooked them, then roach kept stealing my corn, so got whip out bashed some roach on hemp untill jaws (pike) showed up. 4-5 lb of roach one bream. Now working till Thursday. Gives me plenty of time to make some whip rigs and tie hooks.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Work at 5am tomorrow, rewiring a friends camper in the afternoon with BBQ as payment, church Sunday morning THEN me and the boy down onto the river for a big session of catching anything that is daft enough to fall for our bait :)

Even popped out in the dark after putting him to bed to hunt down elderberries by torchlight for the roach - you do get odd looks from dog walkers and joggers doing that :ROFLMAO:

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
After tomorrow, so next week, hoping to get a couple days/evenings on the Barbel, a day lure fishing for pike if it's not too warm and hopefully a day at Patshull with @Zerkalo so we can admire each others tackle o_O :LOL:

Nicky Dodds

Fishing a pairs match tomorrow at Knypersley reservoir, then on Sunday escaping from the wife for a few days fishing on, the Aire and Calder nav canal, and also the New Junction canal, the latter venue will be a first for me.
Whereabouts are you planning on fishing Sunday?

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Whereabouts are you planning on fishing Sunday?
Not really sure, l was thinking of maybe Great Heck, or Pollington, but l am open to suggestions as l know that its your home water, so any idea where l would be best aiming for?

zipper-de-doodah

A liner, about four hours ago...
Site Supporter
Currently in Canada doing 14 days quarantine. At least I'm enjoying the company of my one year old grandson! Hoping to get amongst the steelhead on the Bow river once purgatory is over.

feldri

Site Supporter
Gonna have a go at starting both cars that have been parked up since last October, first the Yaris verso fishing wagon, then the Hyundai coupe. If successful with the Toyota I'll be heading to the local tackle shop for bait on Monday and then onto the local cut for my first session this year. If not, then it means waiting for my mechanic mate to deliver and fit a couple of batteries before the off. Thankfully the extra six months of mot given means they don't need testing until mid November.

Nicky Dodds

Not really sure, l was thinking of maybe Great Heck, or Pollington, but l am open to suggestions as l know that its your home water, so any idea where l would be best aiming for?
I can't really recommend any area in particular as the canal has fished a little indifferent this year. I was just gonna give you the heads up that it's our last league match on Sunday and it's split with 4 sections on the aire and Calder starting at rawcliffe wides going all the way up to about 10 pegs past newbridge. The other 4 sections are on the new junction pegs 312-420