Yeah Right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don

Read in a weekly how a well known angler had in his words "had to spend over 500 getting decent angling clothing which was waterproof and warm from a mountaineering shop" because in his words all angling clothes were just not up to the job. Hooray thought I, at last someone honest enough to say so.

Next day a catologue pops through the letter box advertising a well known companies clothing and tackle range, yup thats right he was on the front page smiling and wearing their kit.[:(!]

J

Chubonator
Well Don, now you know where he got his monkey from to buy the decent gear dont you [;)]

piroflip

this is true in every hobby.
in years past there were always rumours that "certain" carpers were bribed by a bait company to swear that their lastest monster was caught on "X" boilies.
And I have touched on this subject in one of my other posts. That is "experts" urging us to go out and buy the latest kit after getting free issue themselves.
"Excellent value for money"???????? sure it is, but you got it for nothing Matt.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
I Find it quite funny to hear a certain Mr M drop in refernces to a certain bait as he's netting a fish Commercially produced and marketed baits that is ) .... 'Well Mick ..That XXXXX vertainly did the business etc etc ' Has anyone else noticed ?

Also references to the hotels he stays at and even camera shots of the rooms etc.

Don

Im under no illusions as to the way this works but I have never seen it so blatant since the days that carp anglers,having slept out for weeks to catch a brilliant fish that was bound to make the weeklies always seemed to have a lovely, pristine teeshirt to wear with a sponsors monica on it when they were photographed with their fish.

Thesedays they are usually a bit more subtle with bait and tackle accesories just to the left or the right background of photoshots they have had taken.
The thing that annoyed me most was this guy had rubbished the angling clothing available big time pontificating how he had to go to mountaineering/outdoor pursuit shops to get something that did what it was supposed to do; and then to see him wearing a well known brands kit on the front of their catologue,well it just made me spit feathers to be honest,talk about duplicity! The kits not good enough to wear for him but its good enough to advertise to other anglers? Whats all that about other than telling porkies?

Don

Originally posted by bigdavewsf

come on don spill the beans...who was it

I couldnt possibly "Welch" on the bloke it wouldnt be fair[:D][;)][}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.