Yank n Bank match rod, pellet waggler?

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
I'm looking to acquire a rod for pellet waggler and general float work for next summer.

Already have the yank n bank mini method and quite chuffed with it so thought I'd stick to what I know.

Is a "match rod" in this sense the same as a pellet waggler rod? Cant really find any info about this rods action, I'm hoping it has a nice through action.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Never had more of a waggle of it or any pellet waggler rod but all of them have felt too brutish general float work to me. I’d have thought fishing with normal sized floats for non carp with them would be not much better than with an Avon rod. You’d be better of getting a normal float rod to give you more flexibility.

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
I'll pretty much be fishing commercials catching from 2lb to 17lb ish fish so don't really want to go too light if that makes sense.

So pretty much want to be able to do the traditional pellet waggler work like match fishermen do but also for the rod to be happy with a smaller waggler and a cube of luncheon meat for edge lumps. But I dont want too many rods :ROFLMAO:

Arch

Site Supporter
I have a Yank & Bank pellet waggler rod I'm looking to sell if you're interested ?? It's the 11' XP version. Bought it in Feb and only used it half a dozen times. I've bought myself a Team Daiwa PW and feeder rod instead, so it's now surplus to requirements.

I've used it at Meadowlands on the Carp there and it's handled them superb. I've also used it down our local pond on 3 to 4 pound Carp off the top on floating bread. There's plenty of power if needed, but it's not too harsh. I really like it, but I wanted a feeder rod to match. Got offord the Team Daiwas as a pair quite cheap, so bought them. (I like matching stuff)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Ok that makes sense then. Only rod I've used that might fit the brief is the Preston Tyson waggler as I got one for my dad for his birthday. It is light enough for silvers whilst also ideal for 4 to 5 pound match carp and I don't think you'd have much trouble with low doubles on it. It has a 3 to 6 pound line rating so sits in between a traditional waggler rod that would have say a 2 to 4 or 5 pound rating and a pellet waggler rod that tend to be around 4 to 8 pound rated.

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
I have a Yank & Bank pellet waggler rod I'm looking to sell if you're interested ?? It's the 11' XP version. Bought it in Feb and only used it half a dozen times. I've bought myself a Team Daiwa PW and feeder rod instead, so it's now surplus to requirements.

I've used it at Meadowlands on the Carp there and it's handled them superb. I've also used it down our local pond on 3 to 4 pound Carp off the top on floating bread. There's plenty of power if needed, but it's not too harsh. I really like it, but I wanted a feeder rod to match. Got offord the Team Daiwas as a pair quite cheap, so bought them. (I like matching stuff)

11' is the version i was looking at :) and i like matching stuff too haha

Better take it to PM so we don't get in trouble :D

Carp attack

Have too say I also own the yank an bank xp 11ft waggler and its fantastic for the money, handles everything I've thrown at it at messingham sands where carp test it to the limit, but when you do hook a skimmer or dog roach still has enough give to prevent hook pulls, ?

Baldie

Another one for the Yank n Bank range, have every latest model of the match P/W and feeder, also an older Y & B 12’ match, all excellent rods!