XLS poles

jordie999

Site Supporter
Hi all I've a Diawa Whisker Xls which I tried to sell a few months ago but only got silly offers for it. So I took it off the market, What is it about the XLS that no-one likes???

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Hi all I've a Diawa Whisker Xls which I tried to sell a few months ago but only got silly offers for it. So I took it off the market, What is it about the XLS that no-one likes???
Not so much not liking the pole mate, it's rather, them wanting something for nothing.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Love mine too, I believe there are some that think it's un-balanced, can't say I have found that myself, it may be different to what some are used to, but it works for me. I certainly won't be getting rid of mine for many years.

JLK

Why are you selling it. What is it that you don't like about it?

azt1

Site Supporter
I would imagine that the offers you got were realistic for a second hand pole and you were simply being too greedy

Tomboy22

The Daiwa XLS range never really took off Daiwa especially on the top end models, Daiwa seem to have gone back to the standard mandrel on the new models,mate of mine bought an Air XLS couldn't get on with it got rid within a month went back to an original Air said he found the XLS sloppy.

Irkthepurists

Heavily discounted to the trade since black Friday, Whisker XLS match package (5 tops, 2 power lites) was £1400 new at Bobco until they sold out.

mimississ

Site Supporter
Think I read somewhere that when packed away the sections stuck together!!! Maybe wrong... anyone out there shed some light on the matter...

JLK

I think it was when packed away and stored in a certain way the shorter non xls sections had a tendency to slide inside the longer sections.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
the only thing I find awkward with my Airity XLS is finding a long enough carryall for it

In use, Its no really difference to my tourney pro

Gutsy

Kirtons on here had one and said it bounced about like Sam Fox on a trampoline and got rid , I tried them when the new Airity XLS came out but thought the same so went for the original Air

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Kirtons on here had one and said it bounced about like Sam Fox on a trampoline and got rid , I tried them when the new Airity XLS came out but thought the same so went for the original Air
That’s pretty standard for all Daiwa poles ??