Wyrley & Essington Canal Pelsall

T K

Bum Draw Master
Hi Bluenose75 [:W] - saw Si today down the cut - it was the pegs in the 60s.

Two well known match anglers were also there today.........and having more than their fair share of tincas and big black slabs [:T]

Elsewhere, one of our club guys fished/practised peg 42 (not one of the best areas) but he also had a few tussles with the tincas and some good bream, along with a heap of silvers [:T]

Last edited:

T K

Bum Draw Master
Originally posted by Ali D

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=172281798&albumID=1559210&imageID=22637335

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=172281798&albumID=1559210&imageID=22637293

Hi Ali D [:W]

Got your fiver thanks - your permit for the coming season will be in tomorrows post [:T]

Really pleasing to hear you descibe it as 'last year was the best fiver I've ever spent'

And yes I look forward to seeing more of your catches on MD - but dont just restrict them to 'whoppers' as you describe them - I'd love, and I'm sure other MD'ers would too, to see any of those 'smaller' tincas or big black 'slabs' that you snare on your travels [:T]

Ali D

Originally posted by T K

Originally posted by Ali D

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=172281798&albumID=1559210&imageID=22637335

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=172281798&albumID=1559210&imageID=22637293

Hi Ali D [:W]

Got your fiver thanks - your permit for the coming season will be in tomorrows post [:T]

Really pleasing to hear you descibe it as 'last year was the best fiver I've ever spent'

And yes I look forward to seeing more of your catches on MD - but dont just restrict them to 'whoppers' as you describe them - I'd love, and I'm sure other MD'ers would too, to see any of those 'smaller' tincas or big black 'slabs' that you snare on your travels [:T]

Hi Tony,
I was thinking earlier that its a years fishing in a pleasent spot for the price of a take away meal.
I'll try and get down there soon. I'll let you know how I do.
Cheers
AL

T K

Bum Draw Master
Cheers Ali D [:T]

Fished a club match on the canal yesterday.

Drew an end peg

Only problem was there was already a 'blocker' in place on the next peg down, [:C][:C][:C] who showed me the 30lb plus in his net that he'd had already had in the hour before we got there.......

Things must have slowed down for him, cuss he packed up at 1.30pm with only an estimated 70-80lb in the net.....

Anybody recognise the angler [?]

T K

Bum Draw Master
Big Baz Astbury is to start running weekly Monday night affordable matches on the Wyrley & Essington Canal at Pelsall commencing Monday 8th June 2009.

Draw 5.30pm at Wood Lane Pelsall (postcode WS3 5DZ for sat navs), fish 6.30pm to 9.30pm or as light conditions allow as the season progresses.
6 all in, 5 pools and 1 peg fee.

Contact Baz on 07973459611 for further details and to book in, or myself on 07989700638

T K

Bum Draw Master
Originally posted by T K

Things must have slowed down for him, cuss he packed up at 1.30pm with only an estimated 70-80lb in the net.....

Anybody recognise the angler [?]

Thought one of the Midland canal men would have divulged his identity by now.........

It's Simon Nickless, cut crack and Kamasan Champion back in the 80s who was travelling partner with Dave Berrows as they 'mopped up' on the Midlands canal circuit

T K

Bum Draw Master
Yes Gareth - 1 on the bank [:T] Most locals obviously opt for the 5 season ticket

T K

Bum Draw Master
Bailiff now touring the waters - free fishing days for 'some' are over - get your fivers ready for a season ticket [:D] [;)]

T K

Bum Draw Master
Went down the Wood Lane section today as it was a bit blowy on the Common

Had a few tugs [:D]

My peg (42) for the session

Cotti on 41 to my right

A lull in the breeze

To my left, complete with a bit of finger in the way I think [:p]

And finally, spot the dickies

[:W]

T K

Bum Draw Master
Notice of forthcoming match bookings for July

11th July Matchpool.Com 15 pegs
19 July P O 15/20 pegs Wood Lane

Members and season ticket holders are reminded to respect the pegging out of these bona fide matches theres plenty of canal for all thanks

T K

Bum Draw Master
One of our members had a pleasant few hours on Sat with a few bream putting in an appearance [:T]

http://yaleac.si-lad.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1246300089/0

Ali D

Turned up today about 2pm, an hour left on the match. My new favorite spot was next to the last peg. Turned out he actually won.Had 4lbs 7oz, a nice tench and some loose change.On the walk back about 7pm, one fella had been there since 10am n not had one. Which made me feel not too bad, as I'de had none today or yesterday.I planned to leave about 6:15ish to get back to watch The Tour De France, but was bubbles and a couple of nibbles so I couldn't drag myself away LOL. Tinka swam under the lillies under my rod, tekkin the P :)
Had a nice bream on 27th June.I'll try n post a pic.

So whats this about a 30Lb Carp???????

Could someone enlighten me as to why The Cannock Extension canal is designated a SSSI? I did conservation at college and from when I've walked that stretch,and it has indurty real close, often a stink when driving past? it looks a lot less interesting ecologically than the heathland up by Fishley, where I've seen Orchids (Marsh Orchids, can't rememer which type, I'm a bit rusy on my plant ID) as well as lots of boidies. and of course heathland itself being rare. So I thought is there newts in that pool that is betwwen the canal and the road? Someone told me David Bellamy had visited???

Well at least if nothing else was right today!!!the Met office was righ saying there would be rain about 7pm

Ali D

Bream 27h June. forceps are 8" long. No idea of weight, or is it even one of those hybrid thing? LOL

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=1559210&imageID=32273322

Bluenose75

Had a play on the Wyrley & Essington Canal Pelsall this morning, set up not far from Wood Lane, had a pint of mixed maggots and some sweet corn, twin red far bank straight into a big tench!! Then had a few small silvers and a few perch, moved to the margins and pulled a cracking bream!! Never really tried the corn, enjoyed the session, not banging the out as often as would have liked but was happy with the two lumps.

Had no scales!! Any guesses at the weights? Added a bait container to assist.

Cheers

Paul

T K

Bum Draw Master
Hiya Ali [:W]

Not picking up the pickie of your fish for some reason?

Re the SSI status on the Extension, have a look at the 4th posting on page two of this thread

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/63653&whichpage=2

Also heard some 'recent' talk about David Bellamy paying a trip to the Extension, but not sure if thats fact or fiction

Also please tell me more about this 30lber - has it been captured again [?]