Wow, that's some going!!!!!!

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
When it comes to speed fishing there is no doubt and is career history shows that he is the best.
Catching that many fish in a match is really hard work.
Who counts 1560 Bleak though,if it had been some on here it would have been 10,000? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Brilliant. Have heard things like threading the maggot on the hook help as you can catch multiple fish on one maggot. Got to be a knack to it.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I was there with the guy who had who was 3rd next to me, he had a meagre 44lb of bleak.
Have you not got cormorants down your way ? Our 20+ on Southfield reservoir would think they’d died and gone to heaven.

jasonb

Have you not got cormorants down your way ? Our 20+ on Southfield reservoir would think they’d died and gone to heaven.
I travel 90 miles to fish the Wye as the match scene local to me in Oxford is dwindling away... cormorants and goosander but the bailiffs keep them off the stretch with laxer pens, plus millions of fish migrate into Hereford every winter however that may change next year with brexit.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I travel 90 miles to fish the Wye as the match scene local to me in Oxford is dwindling away... cormorants and goosander but the bailiffs keep them off the stretch with laxer pens, plus millions of fish migrate into Hereford every winter however that may change next year with brexit.
Surprised you think it’s dwindling to that extent with the summer and winter leagues, the festival, the shield and the bigger club’s matches still going pretty strong certainly at least compared to a lot of the country. Part of the reason I mostly fish Saturdays is that there tend to be quite a lot of matches on Sundays.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
It's all well and good doing that kind of thing on a natural venue, but he'd be no good on a tough venue like the local commercial where you might only get 5 or ten bites an hour.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I can remember Tommy Pickering making headlines with 20 odd pound of bleak at Burton Joyce. How times change.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
That is one hell of a work rate, he must have been knackered afterwards!

Good effort!

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Wow! Big bleak with the average over 0.5 ounce, his head must have been ready to explode by the end 🤪 takes some concentration