Wow, just simply...WOW

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
What an amazing game for Wales...what a come back, and what a finish!

Well done you little red lizard lovers... you have every right to be loud and proud after that match!

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lucky, lucky. France shot themselves in the foot having a man sent off.

davylad

The French lost this one, even with the sending off they still chucked it away. You can't blame Wales for that though.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've always said the same thing.... i obviously would love England to win but if any of the "home nations" won it i'd be happy and yes Kev, that includes Ireland! :p

If we end up playing Wales i'd better order some more sour grape wine........

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Best France had played in years no way they’d have lost that if they hadn’t lost a man to his complete stupidity.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I've always said the same thing.... i obviously would love England to win but if any of the "home nations" won it i'd be happy and yes Kev, that includes Ireland! :p

If we end up playing Wales i'd better order some more sour grape wine........

Id rather get beat by the Taffs than the Sweatties ;)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
That ball went forward...

davylad

The Springboks were just one step too far for Japan, but what entertainment they've given the world. One thing that's disappointed me, is the number of players from quite a few teams, that have suggested to the referee a card of some sort. We don't want that creeping into the game, it's for the footballers.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just ran out of steam after an hour didn’t they then was basically men against boys after that

ae111sr

Site Supporter
Wales were very lucky to win against France but can't see them getting any further - and that's from a born and bred Welshman

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I don't think Wales played well at all, losing Josh Navidi at No 8 (their main ball carrier) seemed to shake the team. Shipping two tries and a conversion in 8 minutes. The French can be mercurial you just never know which side will turn up on the day, but let them get their heads up especially early on and they can turn on some brilliant rugby. What dumbfounded me was Sebastien Vahaamahina's back elbow against Aaron Wainwright that resulted in a red card. What was he thinking !!! It was so blatant did he think he was playing amateur local park side rugby with no assistant referees or TMO ? France were camped just outside the Welsh line, Waimwright was having no effect on the driving maul and yet Vahaamahina deliberately drew his arm as far forward as he could, to deliver the back elbow to the jaw. Total madness, that cost his team a semi final place.

What was telling is that a team with a player down would expect to lose on average 5 points in 10 minutes, yet Wales had an extra man and it still took them just shy of 30 minutes to score a try. Wales had Moriarity yellow carded for 10 minutes and France scored a try within 2 minutes of him leaving the pitch.
If Ntamack had his kicking boots on, then Wales would have lost even with an extra man on the pitch for 30 minutes. Even Warren Gatland the Wales coach at the end of the match said that the better team lost on the day.

It may seem that I am being harsh on Wales, but only because I know they can play a hell of a lot better than they did today.