Would you use the knotless hook ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
... as featured in one of the angling papers this week ?

This is NOT an eyed hook attached using a knotless knot, but a new type of hook which has a small prong fixed half way down the shaft.
The line is looped around the prong, then the tag end is whipped around the hooklength and the the hook, and the hooklength and tag are tucked into an OPEN eye.

In tests, they claimed that only a couple of knots had become unraveled.
That's a couple too many, IMO.
[V]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Just had another look -

It's called the EASY2HOOK.

Easy2Lose, perhaps ?

See it ...

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/fishhead/tag/easy2hook/

Last edited:

Team Man

Can't see that being done to a size 12 or 14, would only think it would work on something like size 8 upwards, perhaps someone knows different.

andykel

i was intrigued but didn't see how it would work with a double figure carp or a large chub/barbel tugging away on it. Also didn't like how all the ones shown were barbed. I look forward to their review of the hook (presumably on test at a fishery) in next weeks AT. It is also Dutch not American but not sure how widespread they are being used on the Dutch angling scene. The thought of fish swimming around with hooks in them because they have been incompetenly put on worries me a little - i know this could happen with a poorly tied eyed hook or spade end but not as likely IMO.

PorkRocker

Looks no easier than tying a knotless knot and I know which method I'd prefer!

Serious Sam

Seriously Serious
What on earth is the point ? even if it does work where the advantage, it's hardly difficult to tie a knot and these things have got lumps and bumps all over and must ve easier for the fish to detect.

Expect they'll make a few quid from the gullible before it disappears.

petert

Super glue might have to be used after tying to stop it coming undone By the way Cookyr has got the wrong country of origin as it it is made by a Dutch Company not America if he has read the article right.

Last edited:

shish0000

They say it only reduces the strength of the line by around 3% which is fairly impressive, but I wouldn't trust it.

Cooky

Originally posted by petert

Super glue might have to be used after tying to stop it coming undone By the way Cookyr has got the wrong country of origin as it it is made by a Dutch Company not America if he has read the article right.

quick arnt you read 4 posts up [:D][:D][:D]

american or dutch still rubbish

also where on this page does it say dutch ?? all links point to the states,sorry for being wrong im sure you are perfect

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/fishhead/tag/easy2hook/

Captainswoop

If the attitude that anything new and different is trash was used all the time then we would still be using split cane rods and silk line.

Who needs an oil lamp, candles were good enough for my ancestors.

Cooky

have you tried the new hookless hooks ??

fish friendly they are lol

codenamemilo

Originally posted by Cookyr

have you tried the new hookless hooks ??

fish friendly they are lol

Believe it or not there was actually a range of hookless hooks put out on the market by Shakespeare some time ago. The chap who came up with them thought the whole thrill was the take and the initial feel you get when you have connected with the fish, so he produced a range of hooks that would allow you to have that feeling, and play the fish for a couple of seconds before it let go of the hook.

The idea was that it would be "fish friendly" without taking away from the excitement of fishing.

Funnily enough it never caught on.

Status
Not open for further replies.