would you buy this bivvy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakwell

Looking for a cheap but reliable sturdy bivvy and have noticed these on ebay for arounf 48 quid i can get one of these would you get one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Deluxe-2-man-bivvy-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ190102136685QQihZ009QQcategoryZ112955QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Yes. It looks the same as a shakesphere cypry

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Shakespeare Cypry QT Excel 2 Man Bivvy sells normally in the region of 80.00 so the chances are, unless the seller has access to some really cheap stock, that it is a copy or similar to the Shakespeare one
If you're planning on using it for a few sessions you might be better off spending that bit extra and buying the genuine article as there's nowt worse than spoiling a night session with a broken bivvy or one that leaks - the Shakespeare Cypry has been used by several anglers on here, myself included, and I've yet to hear of any bad reviews [:)]

Edit: I've just done a quick search and it is listed HERE for 79.99 but there are also some others on there cheaper depending on what you want [:)]

oakwell

the guy says its really good quality does anyelse think it will be ok?

spoddy

i would have a look at a second hand armo u can pick them up for about 60/80 and then u have a decent bivvy or look at fox easydome

phil-k

Its looks very much like the one my wife bought me for Xmas.
She paid 50 quid for it.
I've not used it yet but have been told that its probably more of a small tent.
If you intent to do a lot of night fishing I would buy one of the easy erect bivvy's and save yourself a lot of work.

oakwell

yeah i am just restricted with money need a bed,sleeping bag and bivvy and noticed this as a bargain for what it is ....unsure now what to do

bigladwigan

Minga Hunta
Quaker tackle were doing the cypry 2 man for 50 last year with free carriage i believe.

Ady

zhorian

I'd email the seller and ask a few questions about the product ... tell him I'm uncertain and see whut he can do to bolster my confidence .... his feedback's good but there's not much of it - only 70 items ... so I'd ask a few questions .... anyways from my point of view it looks a nice number I'd buy it ... but can't yet due to operation and recovery ... I'll just have to hope there are some still around in august :)

oakwell

the guys says hes sold 3 and had no bad reports and he did say if i was unsure not to buy it and he offered to deliver to my house in person!
he says hes aiming for 100% feedback so advised it is good quality and said he would not be affended if i did'nt want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.