Would you bother?

Robwooly

Yeah it's a bit of a learning curve for me, being primarily a stillwater angler.
Don't let rain ever put you off fishing rivers, it's usually the river angler's friend. This time of year it will take a lot for a slow river to be unfishable especially drains and lowland ones. There are exceptions like sluices being opened etc and serious downpours but go on the river levels website(link below) just before you go and if it isn't an orange flood risk then any extra water is likely to help not hinder.

River and sea levels in England - GOV.UK

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Maybe! I'd give it a go if there was any bank space. :LOL: (y)
Awwwwww are those big bad anglers scaring you pal ? Trogg ….. sort Zerkalo out will ya. 🤣🤣

Fished in conditions like that a few years ago at Clifton grove on the Trent. It started raining and me and dad didn’t think much of it and carried on. It wasn’t until we came away that we realised that with the river coming up it had flooded the drain behind us and had nearly cut us off. A bit nervy really. We just managed to wade through the shallowest part. 😳

Total

Site Supporter
Awwwwww are those big bad anglers scaring you pal ? Trogg ….. sort Zerkalo out will ya. 🤣🤣

Fished in conditions like that a few years ago at Clifton grove on the Trent. It started raining and me and dad didn’t think much of it and carried on. It wasn’t until we came away that we realised that with the river coming up it had flooded the drain behind us and had nearly cut us off. A bit nervy really. We just managed to wade through the shallowest part. 😳
^^ Drama queen.....:oops::p

Zerkalo

Site Supporter

It's just the pegs are underwater mate. You probably could wade it there though, up to that sunken tree that came down across the front of the peg (rumour has it, it came down over a group of Polish lads rods when they were fishing there).

I'd be more tempted to try the dayticket stretch downstream in those conditions... I've fished the Severn before when the river has a couple of metres on, and only found one or two pegs that it's safe to fish the bank from, and not always the best ones in those conditions.

Not the most intrepid of anglers myself though. :LOL:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It's just the pegs are underwater mate. You probably could wade it there though, up to that sunken tree that came down across the front of the peg (rumour has it, it came down over a group of Polish lads rods when they were fishing there).

I'd be more tempted to try the dayticket stretch downstream in those conditions... I've fished the Severn before when the river has a couple of metres on, and only found one or two pegs that it's safe to fish the bank from, and not always the best ones in those conditions.

Not the most intrepid of anglers myself though. :LOL:
There’s always another day pal. We all love our fishing but it ain’t worth killing yourself for. Stay safe. If you think it’s a bit iffy … walk away. 👍

Silver fan 82

Don't let rain ever put you off fishing rivers, it's usually the river angler's friend. This time of year it will take a lot for a slow river to be unfishable especially drains and lowland ones. There are exceptions like sluices being opened etc and serious downpours but go on the river levels website(link below) just before you go and if it isn't an orange flood risk then any extra water is likely to help not hinder.

River and sea levels in England - GOV.UK
That's useful cheers Rob 👍