Would you book a foreign holiday in 2022?

Chervil

Site Supporter
We were meant to be on a two week cruise, starting next week, which was cancelled by the company last year, with a full refund. We will give it a few years before rebooking. However we are off to Gibraltar again in October, which is on the 'Green list' and everyone over 18 has been jabbed for months. I'm just glad we got our two weeks in New York in, for our 40th anniversary, before it all kicked off.

Fireblade929

Site Supporter
I'm desperate to get back to my corner of Greece in the Peloponnese, I'm not so desperate to go through the potential petri dish of Gatwick or Easyjet canceling flights at a moments notice, the region of Greece I go to is not on the tourist trail so very little concern regarding meeting the hoardes of holidaymakers once I leave the airport on arrival.
I've decided to drive there next year, 2000miles over a week via loads of interesting places to see on route, no hire car costs, no isolation problems, just a vague timetable to keep, might even take the rods.

RMNDIL

Already have. But only because our mini cruise was originally Sept last year and we used the 125% credit to rebook it for Sept next year (with £1000 to spare) when we thought we might have a much better chance of actually going. If we don't and that's a bit dodgy we'll just rebook later.

roachy

We've had our safari trip to South Africa booked since pre covid, changed dates three times now. If these idiots in charge of Hong Kong don't relax the ridiculous quarantine rules soon we will look to get our money back and possibly book somewhere less affected, maybe New Zealand if open

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
We have been going to a foreign land (Scotland) for quite a few years but due to wee crankie we are giving scotland a miss until she gets her wish and loses😉. Thought about Wales instead but they are on the same page as them in the far north. So here we are now going to Northumberland 😀 my money will do some good up there .

Reuben

Site Supporter
I'm desperate to get back to my corner of Greece in the Peloponnese, I'm not so desperate to go through the potential petri dish of Gatwick or Easyjet canceling flights at a moments notice, the region of Greece I go to is not on the tourist trail so very little concern regarding meeting the hoardes of holidaymakers once I leave the airport on arrival.
I've decided to drive there next year, 2000miles over a week via loads of interesting places to see on route, no hire car costs, no isolation problems, just a vague timetable to keep, might even take the rods.
Peloponnese is a great area. Like you we go off the beaten track as far as we are able. Hoping to get to Leros, Lipsi & Kalymnos next year. I’ve been a few times but my wife hasn’t been to that area.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
My wanderlust was well and truly sated many years ago. In relatively short stints, I've spent a total in excess of three years overseas. My passport expired before Covid existed and I didn't anticipate ever renewing it then. I have zero interest in holidays in the UK or abroad now.

peterb

Site Supporter
We have been going to a foreign land (Scotland) for quite a few years but due to wee crankie we are giving scotland a miss until she gets her wish and loses😉. Thought about Wales instead but they are on the same page as them in the far north. So here we are now going to Northumberland 😀 my money will do some good up there .
In no way is your comment about Wales true

RMNDIL

Just come back from Alnwick, Bamburgh and the Farne islands. Superb beaches. Very nice too - and no rain !!!

spooky1966

Site Supporter
Ohh yes! We have been trying to get to Croatia for nigh on 2 years now. I have been a few times but Mrs M has yet to visit. Both of us have been double jabbed so I see no reason why we should not go.... The plan is to start in Zagreb and spend a month travelling down to Dubrovnik. A good friend of mine is the head of tourism in Split so we will be spending a week or so there.
Let us just hope China do not release another virus upon the global populous in the meantime..

peterb

Site Supporter
No it's not correct , they are just a vociferous minority , if what they are saying is correct then Plaid Cymru would have a bigger vote in elections , they actually lost out in the recent elections for the Welsh Assembly , believe me the vast majority in Wales do not want independence

Reuben

Site Supporter
Best of luck to them too. They bring less to the table than Scotland & only slightly more than NI. Independence is a fine thing if you can actually afford it.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I live in Wales (as an Englishman) and I tend to agree with the above there is a very noisy minority of mainly brainwashed bigots that shout about Welsh independence, however the real picture is very different most Welsh people are intelligent enough to know that they are better off being part of the UK. The main issue in Wales is how the Welsh assembly (mainly Welsh Labour) feed off this poor relation mentality to keep themselves in power. If ever Wales were to become independent there would be a mass exodus across the border. A better referendum in Wales would be for keeping the Welsh assembly as many people are beginning to realise it is nothing more than a very expensive vanity project that creates many more very expensive vanity projects

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
No but I prefer UK holidays to foreign holidays, this country has far more to offer than most of the foreign holiday destinations. For 2022 I may have a week away but I will book late depending what the covid situation is, possible destination, Northumberland.