Would it be fair?

chris1967

Site Supporter
I’m planning to go to Alders again this year. I’m interested in fishing the matches this year but the thing I am wondering is - Would it be fair to fish the pairs? I would feel very sorry for the person who drew as my partner. I’m not likely to catch a very competitive weight.
its just a get together bud ,nothing serious

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I’m planning to go to Alders again this year. I’m interested in fishing the matches this year but the thing I am wondering is - Would it be fair to fish the pairs? I would feel very sorry for the person who drew as my partner. I’m not likely to catch a very competitive weight.
As many others would say ,your welcome to be my partner ,on current form i would be the let down though , fun fun fun is what its about ,go and enjoy your day or 3 ,

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
One Angling group I fished with a few years back

used a seeded system for the pairs matches, when you signed up for the series your past performances were looked at at you were seeded according to that

one member of the first pool was always drawn with a member of the second pool, it was a great idea, your results from the previous year were looked at at the ending of the series and you were promoted or relegated into the appropiate pool for the next year

it actually added to the system, being as you were fishing for points and the glory, mucho banter both online and at the gigs for those who were either in contention for going down and coming up a level

and as peter said, it aint always about the winning, the quid with those next peg was always the main thing
Risk a pound? Not likely.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Humbleness and self-awareness goes along way, fair play to you there. You certainly won't be putting any pressure on yourself, i think too on that one, they support a charity, so you are contributing too.

chris1967

Site Supporter
All would be forgiven bud if you drew at side of chef and sprayed pellets everywhere bud and that woud give us a chance , not at side of me though that would be bad ,very bad lol :) only kidding chef

The Landlord

Site Supporter
All would be forgiven bud if you drew at side of chef and sprayed pellets everywhere bud and that woud give us a chance , not at side of me though that would be bad ,very bad lol :) only kidding chef
Never mind drawing next to him. I'm sure we can ball it in round his peg from where we're sitting :p

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I’m all paid up with a deposit, so who is the unlucky chap going to be paired with me. Don’t all rush, form an orderly queue please.