worst day ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

markharding

yet also most enjoyable day ever [:D]

1, started out by getting up later than i wanted to.
2, had a play with marker float all i could find was weed,
3, thought stuff it i'll spod up anyway near the island to find out knot on spod rod catches when casting
4, which then leads to a right royal balls up of line around the reel so gave up with that and punted in general direction of where i wanted to go
5, cast out ledger to clip up etc and catch a tree. then hear snapping of line as i pull back to loose hooklength, leadcore, lead, korda release etc etc so thought i would try a zig rig as noticed a few near the top,
6, set up feeder brand new preston xl method. drops in water in front of me, pull line out to find missing feeder hook length etc and a cut line so god knows what happened then, so back to smaller mould etc
7, after a few casts on feeder step over my peg stumble and tread on bowl of dammped pellets for feeder and the were also on gravel making thins worse to pick up.
8, then get a phone call of wife saying venue for wedding have messed up on room booking so looks like we lost bridal suite for the evening.

and all that before 9.30am so by this time i'm ready to jack in and go home but i stuck with it.

1, got some nice tench on fake corn on the feeder.
2, my zig rig was one of my floating rigs but was an ideal size and got me a few bites
3, had more fun on the feeder than i had on my pole for the last few months while things been slow
4, propper loved trying to land a carp with a lead swining about right near rod tip with rubbish still hiding in the reeds lol.
5, also landed a carp which was my new pb for this pond and also it was long enough to not fir in my net propper

so all in all quite a nice end to the day[8D]

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
Bloody hell mate i ain't going fishing with you you're an accident waiting to happen.[:p][:)]

Well done on the pb though.[:T]

Bill G

Grandad
i cant believe what i have just read pmsl. mate are you REALLY gonna get married [:0][:0][:0][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

im betting she will be your new personal best [:T][:T][:T][:T]

markharding

nah my personal best was about 4 years ago but this onew ill do lol yeah she's awesome I'm well chuffed

normally I ain't that bad loose the odd lead or stuff but yesterday just seemed to be a balls up from the start. And to top it all of had spicy curly fries for tea so also a result lol

carp-catcha

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.
Sounds like just one of those mornings mate, glad yo hear there was success in the end!

mant01

Nothing ever goes fully right does it. I was fishing yesterday and dispite the wind had an ok day then right at the end I went to take a pic of a fish, it went mental, came out my hands and smacked off the floor. I would of felt like rubbish anyway but the added bonus was the fishery owner was stood next to me and obviously wasnt happy at all. He said about the serious damage it would of caused and Ive never felt so small, I just wanted to go home and not bother going back. So your not alone mate.

markharding

cheers carp-catcha

mant01 i know what ya mean i have dropped a couple of small ones before and felt like rubbish as i always think how would i like being dropped :(

mant01

I know it can happen but the fish was just over 3 lbs and having the owner next to me was awful. Kinda put me off going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.