Worse veiws when you're working I suppose

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Boroughbridge ;)
If you want it in your back garden they're building some houses on the opposite bank 😀

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
will you be "bossing" it ?, fishing from the benches whilst the hoi polloi work on site

Rick123

Site Supporter
Dave. As a young adult about 45/50 years ago, me and a mate had a trip to Boroughbridge to fish for barbel. It was the Use or Nidd if I remember, we slept under old waterline umbrellas for almost a week. On the first night I had 5 fish to 5lb 12oz good fish then Dave, but I didn't get that I was casting towards the middle and the lead and bait ended up in the margins 20/30 yards downstream of me. I was casting out in the dark you see? Wonderful fun, good mates, Heinz beans with sausages in the same tin, for almost a week. Those days it was touch and go if we would get the car going again after such a long trip.

breadflake

Site Supporter
Been a while but the chippy in Boroughbridge was the stop off after the usual grueler above Aldwalk Bridge
and always fed the chub probably why you could never find one further down stream

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I haven't found the chippy yet, did find a farm shop though, but not looked for any Pies ... there's time though ;)

We had a couple of walks along the river bank and cut but didn't stop to look over the bridge. Been a busy old day really

Mrs Munch

Site Supporter
This was mine earlier this month .

IMG_20210406_204644567.jpg

Not quite the beautiful greenery of Dave's though.