WORMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazalio

DAZ
hey again,Does anyone have any good ideas on how to get worms out the garden without digging the lawn up?

CHEERS,
ALIO

G

Get a watering can and sprey the garden, or do the seagull dance, bet thats got yuo thinkingicon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gif.
The watering can trick usualy works, but be patient

i'm going to bait up
Andy

darryl

get those sterlising tablet`s you use for cleaning baby`s bottle`s mix them up with tepid water pour on to lawn and up they pop

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
As toma says but add a little washing up liquid to the water first. Rinse the worms after wards though.

Here's some more on worms:

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/513

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/1026

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/1348

Have fun, Dave

n/a4

deleted
Hi ALIO
Depending on what worms you want, I started a wormery by using a plastic dustbin and three or four 25ltr plastic bins wiv lids
the dustbin gets all the veg waste and the like (tea bags) from the kitchen. Initial composting is done in the dustbin, it's then put into the 25ltr bins for secondary composting and this is where I harvest my worms. You have to make certain the bins don't get too hot or dry,I also drill holes in the base of the bins to allow excess water to drain, I know it seems a lot of bother but it can pay of. Any worms left over from fishing get put in there, along with any found crossing the path while walking the dog after dark. Actually that is a brilliant way to collect worms, take the dog for a walk after dark in the evening, particularly if it has rained, tuck a bait box under your arm and any form of indentification that proves your an angler, (its a long story involving the police a young lady and a nasty accusation)icon_smile_blush.gificon_smile_blush.gif
Search areas near where the path joins the grass verge, you will find a large number of worms congregate around the base of street lights for some reason. you will also find them crossing the path and on the road, (be careful not to get run over)do not worry about getting mugged because anyone seeing you will think you are either mad or a pervert peeping tom!! icon_smile_shock.gificon_smile_shock.gif
All this costs a bit of time and is FREE, not only that your misses gets free compost for her pot plants! icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif
hope this helps
steve

Paul4barbus

First post - please be gentle.

Rather than the washing up treatment, which can 'damage' the worms, try just inserting garden fork and wiggling around. This should make a grating noise on the underlying sand/gravel/stones. Systematically move backwards and repeating and you will find the worms literally zoom out - just pick them up. Doesn't damage the lawn either.

paul

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
First post - please be gentle.

paul

In a word NO

There are people on here with as much sensitivity as Nicholas van Hoogstraten. They know who they are. Don't they Steve Wilson.

But apart from that welcome to the best angling site on the web, and also the maddest. Hope to catch you at a fish-in in the near future.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Paul and thanks for the tip,

Don't worry about Geoff, he's just a little displaced lately icon_smile_wink.gif

Regards, Dave

splodger

The Pilgrim is right.
The best way to start a wormery is to put all your waste in a dustbin and transfer it to smaller boxes later.
I even put mashed potato in my wormeries (the worms love them) try it and you will see.

SPLODGER

Status
Not open for further replies.