Wormery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve M

Site Supporter
During the warmer monthes I often use s worth of worms,mostly denrabenas.I want to start my own wormery and remember seeing an ad in a magazine some time in the past,where you bought the worm bin/compost, and baby worms to get you started. Does anyone know of the company that sells these.?How long do the worms take to get to a decent size? Can I take my own worms to Ireland (it will save a few bob)or are there restrictions.?Is it worth all the hassle?
Cheers.[?]

Beebs

Easiest way is to get a compost bin or make a compost heap. Throw in all you kitchen scraps and grass clippings and any vegetable matter you can get your hands on. The worms will find their way there and there'll be millions of them. I raided my mum's compost heap the other week when I went for a session at White Springs and in 5 minutes had more than enough for a day's session without getting too messy. Once you've bought a compost bin it costs nothing to maintain and you'll have a never ending supply of reds & dendra's.

Wander out onto your lawn at night with a torch and you'll find your lobs as well.

Got to be worth it for free bait!!!

TINY

Tiny
Dont make the mistake of putting lime into your vegetation to rot it down quicker as you will kill any worms you have

Andy.

Simon R

Site Supporter
You can take worms with you to Ireland.

But you're supposed to remove any soil that they come packed in and replace it with damp newspaper. Having said that I do know people who haven't bothered and they've never had any problems.

Tight Lines

Simon

martin.

Account Locked
hi steve
i have 1 wormery in my garden about 4ft sq & several others in my area the largest 1 probably 60yds sq i top mine up from the others. the others are all on farms
so if you know of a farm which has crew yards or even stables/ridingshcools in your area
then ask them politly

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

martin.

Account Locked
there have been other topics on worms try using search at top next to active topics

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one Martin,

Try the Search function at the top-right of the forum Steve, or the Main Site search engine: www.maggotdrowning.com/search.htm and then there is this: www.maggotdrowning.com/atoz/baits/worms.htm which has some useful info on,

Tight lines,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.