Worm fishing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav_Mitchell

Hey all, this saturday me and a mate are off to the lower/upper reaches of the calder (if you understand) he will be fishing fly and i will be fishing worm, i was wondering if there's any special rigs/techniques for trout fishing?

gavin.jpg

Gav "Tench Prince" Mitchell

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Free lined or legered worm only is allowed. A straight foreward running leger rig with a tail of 1.5 to 2 foot. Use some means to quickly change the legers like a leger link so you can vary the leger to the flow.
Pick your swim then cast towards the far bank slightly down stream, assuming the weights right it should then slowly bounce round to the near bank. Keep recasting slightly down stream each cast so the whole of the swim is searched. Either use a quiver tip or feel for the takes which ever you prefer.

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.asp

Simon R

Site Supporter
As far as I know there's nothing to stop you using a float in the Yorkshire region, I've read through the byelaws on the EA website and it doesn't mention anything about them being banned (and I've certainly used them in the past)

It may be different rules down where you are John (Severn-Trent?)

Tight Lines

Simon

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Simon, you may be right there. I suggest that any one rings the number on the back of the EA rod licence, 0845 933 3111 and checks on the bye laws for the area they intend fishing.

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.asp

TINY

Tiny
Good advice on the lead work John....never been a poacher in a passed life or anything have you.lol

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

Status
Not open for further replies.