working party's

Status
Not open for further replies.

grubby

how many of you actually help out your club when it comes to tidying up your stretch of river, lake etc.
i am going to help out this year as there seems to be alot of members who use our club and yet fail to attend the waters to help in the maintenance of platforms ,over hanging tree's etc,yet are gladly on the river on june 16th with fishing tackle at the ready.
many hands make light work.

midge99

As kids me an about 5 or 6 other spent the close season down one of the lakes cleaning up and sorting out all the pegs ready for the 1st june (Yorkshire). By the time the club committee came down the job was done.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I was on a work party yesterday - as always it was the same faces - all (bar one) committee members.

No doubt the members will still find something to complain about when the lake reopens on June 1st.

Simon

The_Sogster

Stick and 'Pin
One of the clubs I belong to will revoke your membership if you do not attend at least one maintenance day a year. Quite right too.

Larry

Lazarus
I used too every year but cannot now due to my health problems .Its that bad in my club they beeen forced to add 5.00 supplement to subs if you don't do any bank clearing .Theres over 200 members in club it's always been the same it's left to the committee &a few hard core stalwarts to do it every year.Simon we are the the same always moaners when all the work that needed to done wasn't by our opening date of June 1st. Never attended bank clearing or AGM but 1st moan.

Last edited:

hookit

Account Locked
fidgy
The thing here about working for the club you get those who say why should I, I pay 25 a year membership. Other then fishing were can you go and spend 25 a year use the facilities 52 weeks a year. You would think they are paying the earth yet expect waters to be stocked and the banks clear ect. A worthy thread and it is good to see the young anglers mucking in, in the north east.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bradford/content/articles/2007/04/05/angling_kettlethorpe_feature.shtml

St helens Stan

I go 2 or three times a year, its always the same old faces that turnout, if a few more bothered the water could be so much better.

simonelsey

only1 net empty
I dont go , as seems all the natural lakes get hacked to bits and end up like a carp pool.all the reeds get cut down over hanging tress bushes get remove . Its like a rape of the water .

Motta must be if its green remove it .

david platt

Fusilier
I used to go on working partys but,then noticed that none of
the matchmen were ever their so I asked the Secretary,he said
that due to most matches being on a weekend that they were exempt because
because of this, Thats when I stopped going and also left the club.
Dave

Last edited:

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by simonelsey

I dont go , as seems all the natural lakes get hacked to bits and end up like a carp pool.all the reeds get cut down over hanging tress bushes get remove . Its like a rape of the water .
Well if you don't go you can hardly protest if the clubs management works aren't to your liking - however if you turn up there's a good chance you can persuade them to retain some of the features.

Simon

simonelsey

only1 net empty
Originally posted by Simon R

Originally posted by simonelsey

Well if you don't go you can hardly protest if the clubs management works aren't to your liking - however if you turn up there's a good chance you can persuade them to retain some of the features.

Simon
Nah Normal stuff , If you not in the comittee then you got no say , You now nothing and views are not taken into consideration.

Its the same in most clubs down south which I have come across.

hookit

Account Locked
simonelsey
Not all committees ignore their members. Every complaint is read out as is any suggestions. I am not saying we act on them all but if we feel the comments are justified or the suggestions worthy then yes we do take it on board maybe that is why our membership is growing?

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
We had a work party last year, attended by the same faces.

As most of us fish the matches we had the work party on a sunday and cancelled the original match that was organised. When the usual faces turned up I had spent the pegging fees donated by most of the match lads who weren't there and we had a BBQ, wifes and girlfriends turned up and we had a great day. Also had a 4 hour match after, we were there from 8am to 8pm.

grubby

i pay 12 a year to my club,LITTLEMORE ANGLING SOCIETY,we have a stretch of river on the thames at sandford and also the lock cut.
we can also fish all of oxfordshire and district waters and 12 is very good value for money.
to help clear the swims and cut a few branches in time for the start of the season is in my book a must.

simonelsey

only1 net empty
Ive not found the right club then . I shall move up north . Just gets annoying when a feature has been in the water for years then someone comes along and removes it .

Alot members do great work just get the few who get given the saw and think everything got to come down .

Status
Not open for further replies.