Work Training Course

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Totally Mick, let her have a well earnt soak.:love:

Thankfully the Police got him, hopefully he will be charged and dealt with and not just given a caution,
I can understand your concerns but as a lot of us know and appreciate It's not a "Job" to Nurses/Midwives but an absolute vocation so I can only wish you the best of luck in making her see it from your point of view.
No chance Peter. She loves her job. She’d still go in if they didn’t pay her. It’s not a job to her. It’s helping people. They are a special breed are NHS staff. I couldn’t do what my missus does. I’ve not got the temperament. I’d be putting these idiots IN hospital not OUT. 🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
No chance Peter. She loves her job. She’d still go in if they didn’t pay her. It’s not a job to her. It’s helping people. They are a special breed are NHS staff. I couldn’t do what my missus does. I’ve not got the temperament. I’d be putting these idiots IN hospital not OUT. 🤣🤣
^^ Absolutely spot on...My Mrs is exactly the same, she loves her job in the NHS.....(y)

Total

Site Supporter
Don’t forget to give her a cuddle from time to time Mark and tell her she’s special cos that’s what these people are. Special. 👍
Mrs Total gets her fair share of cuddles Mick and always told how special she is.;)......Which reminds me, I must invoice her for the petrol for picking her up from work tonight! :p:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
With me new setup Mick, even you would be able to make that massive cast to Southfield from your canal! :giggle::geek::ROFLMAO:
If it’s distance you’re going for Mark .... Just walk around the other side. 🤣🤣. That’s what a woman dog Walker said to me while I was fishing our local canal. I was fishing about a metre of the tins on the far bank. She watched me cast and then said .... “ if the fish live over there why not go and fish on the other bank ? “ I had no come back for that. 🤣🤣

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I spent 3 hours yesterday, doing an online Paediatric First Aid course (we foster our granddaughters). It was all about babies & toddlers.......our g'daughters are now 15 & 18 :rolleyes:
Got to go somewhere for an all day practical next week. Just to tick all the Social Services boxes!

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
I feel the pain, I had to do that type of thing every year for the last 20 years before i retired, again they were mostly American type of slides etc, also used to have to go away on courses every year, and 2 or 3 days seminars, play rolling and generally feeling a twit.
drivel most of it.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
@Peter, Yes it is the NHS. Part of its unstoppable drive to disappear up its own backside.

The course also provides a recommended reading list. Make up your own minds:

"Time to Think - Listening to ignite the human mind" - Nancy Kline
"Together is Better - A little book of inspiration" - Simon Sinek
"The Fearless Organization - Creating Psychological Safety in the workplace for learning, innovation and growth" - Amy C. Edmondson
"Leading Equality, Diversity & Inclusion - A practical guide for managers" - John Duncan
"Compassionomics - The Revolutionary scientific evidence that caring makes a difference" - Stephen Trzeciak & Anthony Mazzarelli

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Years ago when I started at a global manufacture and supply group in big Pharma, we were all sent on a course on how to have fun at work... there was a vid of an American fishmongers with the employees lobbing tuna fish about... these guys looked cheerful enough and seemed to be having fun... when someone asked what similarities there were between our 12hour nightshift job picking pharma ingredients for drug substances and chucking fish about, the manager got the right arse ache... then someone else pointed out that the hour spent on the course could have been spent getting ahead of the hourly target so WE could have a bit of fun, he went totally ballistic... some bosses are just morons... a lot of these courses are just tick box exercises to make you think your employers give a flying one... when really, they don't...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That reminds me, all moderators have to make themselves available this afternoon from 2:30pm to 5:30pm for a Zoom training course on "Acceptance, inclusiveness and behavioural understanding of non-gender specific care in the community for the the over 60's senior member"

Please bring your own biscuits and hot drink

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
That reminds me, all moderators have to make themselves available this afternoon from 2:30pm to 5:30pm for a Zoom training course on "Acceptance, inclusiveness and behavioural understanding of non-gender specific care in the community for the the over 60's senior member"

Oh Dear, how sad, I've a previous appointment to watch a coat of paint dry. 🤣

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You're in luck, it's 'Bring a coat of paint to work with you' day today as well :D

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
You're in luck, it's 'Bring a coat of paint to work with you' day today as well :D
I'll let our 2 cats sit in on the Zoom then as they're both experts on "Gender Neutrality" having both been done. 😂

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Can I ask her when she’s in a good mood Peter ? She’s having a two hour soak in the bath. 😁

I went to pick her up from work today at 5pm. She came out of work to my van and told me she had another 30 - 40 minutes to go as some young boyfriend of a pregnant lady at lunchtime had kicked off and thrown tables and chairs all over the pedestrians office and waiting room. It took cleaners over an hour to disinfect said office and waiting room. Staff had to wait outside. Security was called and later police who arrested him and took him away. This is happening way too often in our hospitals now. My missus retired 18 months ago but, returned as the maternity unit and birthing centre is desperately short of staff. She’s even been going on ‘ bank ‘ so she can return to work on her days off and help the nurses out on a sub Covid ward. I keep telling her to pack it in but, she won’t. She loves her job and helping others. And then this happens. Most weeks now at her hospital there is a disturbance of some sort. Last week a nurse got punched in her face. WTF ? These people go out of their way to help others and this is how we treat them. Unbelievable. 😡
A view from the other side. It is very difficult to keep your temper when faced with incompetence that you are told could have an impact on the health of the unborn baby your wife is carrying. Been there, afraid to say I got angry and shouted/banged my fist on a table. We were quickly ushered in to see a consultant we had been told we could not see. Things were so badly organised that The Boss went to one ante-natal class just before giving birth. And for the birth of both of my children I had to inform the midwives that the baby's head was visible after they told me that the birth was nowhere near happening.

I had to write a letter of complaint about a sister who shouted at me for ringing the bell to gain access to the maternity unit when I went to visit my daughter and newly born grandson. I was let in to the "secure" unit by a patient who had no idea who I was.

I have also had to hand over phone calls to The Boss so I didn't say anything I might regret. I received a personal apology from my consultant re the way I was treated by nurses.

And you are left speechless when a cardiac registrar asks you why they are seeing you because they don't have the notes on your case nor the results from a test carried out three weeks earlier in the same department. I was asked to attend to discuss the results.

The Boss was a GP receptionist for 21 years and I can honestly say the only things we argued about were the different perceptions from either side of the reception desk.

Total

Site Supporter

Will you be issuing certificates as proof of attending this course?:unsure:.....(on the proviso you can find your printer paper!;):p)

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Mrs Total gets her fair share of cuddles Mick and always told how special she is.;)......Which reminds me, I must invoice her for the petrol for picking her up from work tonight! :p:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We know she gets fair share and told how special.
Isn't it about time you tried it 😂