Work Training Course

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I was subjected to attended a virtual training course for work today, entitled: "Compassionate Leadership" - It is a mandatory requirement for all staff at my level.

The course consisted of narration over slides, a few videos (mainly by Americans), and a bunch of "break out groups" in which we were to discuss amongst ourselves.
Where do they get such utter and complete PC BLX from ferrcrissakes! :mad: It was 3 and a half hours of a complete waste of my time when I could have been doing something useful and productive.

I should point out that I don't lead anyone, nor am I likely to do so. I pointed this out to my manager whose response was "staff of a junior level look up to you". Good luck to 'em then I say! ;)

But perhaps the very worst part of it all is that I found out today that this was Part 1 of 2 !!! - I've got another 4 hours of it next week! AAAAaaaagghhhhhh ! :mad::mad::mad:

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Apparently in order to be compassionate to others, you first have to learn to be compassionate to yourself.

NO! I said COMpassionate not passionate! - Put it away! :LOL:

HawkerMan

I was subjected to attended a virtual training course for work today, entitled: "Compassionate Leadership" - It is a mandatory requirement for all staff at my level.

The course consisted of narration over slides, a few videos (mainly by Americans), and a bunch of "break out groups" in which we were to discuss amongst ourselves.
Where do they get such utter and complete PC BLX from ferrcrissakes! :mad: It was 3 and a half hours of a complete waste of my time when I could have been doing something useful and productive.

I should point out that I don't lead anyone, nor am I likely to do so. I pointed this out to my manager whose response was "staff of a junior level look up to you". Good luck to 'em then I say! ;)

But perhaps the very worst part of it all is that I found out today that this was Part 1 of 2 !!! - I've got another 4 hours of it next week! AAAAaaaagghhhhhh ! :mad::mad::mad:
I worked for an American company for years and had to do lots of those courses with an exam at the end of each one and you had to pass or do the course again. The daft thing was if you wrote down the answers you just kept them for the following year as they never changed the exam.
If I remember correctly I think it was about 15 different courses and they where all mandatory.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apparently in order to be compassionate to others, you first have to learn to be compassionate to yourself.

See, you learnt something today - never too old to learn ;)

62tucker

Site Supporter
A certain car company I worked for we had to do courses every year and keep our skill matrix etc up to date.
Majority of the time. If someone was injured they would sit and write 20 or 30 out and and when renewing date came we had a pile ready to sign. I
One big con.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter

Yes, some of these training people are big on self-love.

Especially in financial circles.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Quick question - with staff like this

Do they need compassion or natural selection?

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Fortunately I have never been subjected to a WTC as for most of my working life I was the boss and would never dream of subjecting my work chums to such tosh.

However I did have the joys of Supplier meetings with a number of our customers. Most were OK and great way of catching up but there was one Company in particular which loved the B#llshit tosh. Ironically they had the worst buying and procurement teams going and after we had a endured a day of bonding, messages and team building games they held an open forum where we suppliers were asked how improvements could be made. The odd thing was that those suppliers that voiced any criticism of the regime strangely saw they business tail off over the next few months.

davylad

Site Supporter
Years ago the gas board sent us all on a 3 day course at Harrogate in a posh hotel. It was run by an American company, Sen Delaney rings a bell. It was total bullshit from start to finish, supposedly to make us feel happier when we went to work. We all went along with it of course, and the tutors gave up on me and my muckers long before the end.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Some of the technical/software-type courses can be quite good, but they tend to be with experts rather than in-house folks.

The 'softer' courses are usually rubbish, the last one I had to endure feature mindfulness and other assorted pop-phycology garbage.

That said we have an excellent guy come in to help with leadership skills, and he saw through some of the BS flying around in no time. So on balance, you have to see what comes along and grin and bear it as necessary.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter

Is this part of the NHS Musky? if so I wonder what it cost to fund?

Still with the NHS I came across this among various media releases today...........................

"Terms like “chestfeeding” and “human milk” are being introduced at an NHS trust in a bid to boost inclusivity.

Staff have been asked to use gender-neutral language alongside – not instead of – traditional terms to ensure that all groups are represented.

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust (BSUH) is the first in the country to use what it calls the “additive use of gender-inclusive language”.

A policy document on the trust’s website explains that the approach involves “using gender-neutral language alongside the language of womanhood, in order to ensure that everyone is represented and included”.

It adds: “Gender identity can be a source of oppression and health inequality."

Stop the world, I want to get off. 🤣

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't want to go to a hospital to be made to feel more inclusive, I just want to go to get fixed - they can call me whatever they want but don't hesitate to work out the correct pronoun to use, any will do.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter

Still with the NHS I came across this among various media releases today...........................

"Terms like “chestfeeding” and “human milk” are being introduced at an NHS trust in a bid to boost inclusivity.

Staff have been asked to use gender-neutral language alongside – not instead of – traditional terms to ensure that all groups are represented.

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust (BSUH) is the first in the country to use what it calls the “additive use of gender-inclusive language”.

A policy document on the trust’s website explains that the approach involves “using gender-neutral language alongside the language of womanhood, in order to ensure that everyone is represented and included”.

Boils my pee all this woke snowflake nonsense.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Well first we have to get away from sexist terms like midwife (there are a few males out there doing this work). From now on they should be known as midspouses.

Will cost the BBC a fortune in re-dubbing alone.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well first we have to get away from sexist terms like midwife (there are a few males out there doing this work). From now on they should be known as midspouses.

Will cost the BBC a fortune in re-dubbing alone.
Perhaps @tipitinmick would be kind enough to as his good lady for her opinion and pass on her reply. ;)

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter

About par for the course for Brighton. There's probably more ladies and gentlemen of a different sexual persuasion living there than anywhere else in this fair land.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Perhaps @tipitinmick would be kind enough to as his good lady for her opinion and pass on her reply. ;)
Can I ask her when she’s in a good mood Peter ? She’s having a two hour soak in the bath. 😁

I went to pick her up from work today at 5pm. She came out of work to my van and told me she had another 30 - 40 minutes to go as some young boyfriend of a pregnant lady at lunchtime had kicked off and thrown tables and chairs all over the pedestrians office and waiting room. It took cleaners over an hour to disinfect said office and waiting room. Staff had to wait outside. Security was called and later police who arrested him and took him away. This is happening way too often in our hospitals now. My missus retired 18 months ago but, returned as the maternity unit and birthing centre is desperately short of staff. She’s even been going on ‘ bank ‘ so she can return to work on her days off and help the nurses out on a sub Covid ward. I keep telling her to pack it in but, she won’t. She loves her job and helping others. And then this happens. Most weeks now at her hospital there is a disturbance of some sort. Last week a nurse got punched in her face. WTF ? These people go out of their way to help others and this is how we treat them. Unbelievable. 😡

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can I ask her when she’s in a good mood Peter ? She’s having a two hour soak in the bath. 😁

Totally Mick, let her have a well earnt soak.:love:

Thankfully the Police got him, hopefully he will be charged and dealt with and not just given a caution,
I can understand your concerns but as a lot of us know and appreciate It's not a "Job" to Nurses/Midwives but an absolute vocation so I can only wish you the best of luck in making her see it from your point of view.