WOODLANS,Thirsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodworm

hello all,thinking of fishing a few matches here over the next few weeks,any tips would be appreceited,thanks in advance,

bloodworm.[:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Bloodworm and welcome on board,

Sweetcorn and maggot is working well at the moment on feeder or pole but keep the loose feed down to a minimum.
The water temperature on most lakes is at 7oc and rising slowly. On sunny days or when there is little wind, fish towards the islands in the shallower water and you should get a fish or three

Dave

bloodworm

thanks dave,might be over on wednesday,we once went to look at a fishery called brickyard on the way home,whats it like,and do they have opens on it,

bloodworm.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If it's the Brickyard ponds that I'm thinking of, personally I have fished a few matches on there during the foot & mouth crisis and I didn't rate them at all.

I'm not sure about opens on there though

Dave

Simon R

Site Supporter
Which brickyard do you mean Dave - the one near Thirsk or the one on the way to Ripon?

The one near Ripon I used to fish quite a lot but it was a queer place - you either bagged up or caught next to nowt.

We had a club match on there about 5 years ago - 41lbs won it and second was only ounces.

Never heard of any opens on there though

Tight Lines

Simon

bloodworm

thanks chaps,its the one on the way to rippon,its about 4 mile from woodlands,there 2 lakes,one with a couple of islands,

bloodworm.

Status
Not open for further replies.