Woodlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightWeaver

ok i know im probably going to get laughed at for this, but where and what is woodlands, im guessing it a fishing venues, but where is it and whats kind of fish are there, how much does it cost and stuff, cause by what ive read it seems to be up north and thats where i am so if its good i would like to go.

Cheers
Scott

The world record for rocking non-stop in a rocking chair is 440 hours

Roppa

Woodland Lakes, Thirsk. A 13 Lake commercial complex, very well managed and stuffed with all variety of fish. The site includes a cafe, toilet block and tackle shop offering fresh bait. Go through Thirsk on the A61 towards Ripon, go through Carlton Miniott and the fishery is on your left. You can't miss it because of the signage. The owner is Robin Fletcher tel: 01845 527099 or for up to date info tel: the tackle shop 01845 526110. You can't afford to miss a visit living where you do.

Apache

There are two Woodlands, but as to the locatiosn I am not sure.

Tight Lines,
Matt

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

NightWeaver

thnx a lot bud, ill have to have a look

NightWeaver

btw does it have a web site ?

mecca

Another smoggy
no it doesnt have a website but some tackle shops have a small brochure for it i regularly go there and have had numerous 100lb bags this year if you get lost just ask about in thirsk everybody knows it. its the best commercial fishery in yorkshire in my opinion.where exactly are you from up north it would be easier to give you directions and info on other lakes in the area

mecca

Another smoggy
forgot to say its 7 quid a day they come round and collect it stocked fish in all lakes are carp,bream,tench golden and normal barbel perch chub golden orf all the different carp species you can think of its a very easy place to fish if you dont catch there then give up fishing..mind you i have blanked there(ahhh)

hoppy

hoppy
The above mentioned posts forgot to mention its also a rubbish tip, take a look, disgracefull...TAKE YOUR RUBBISH HOME...or...PUT IT IN THE BLACK BAG/BINS PROVIDED.
I was there last bank holiday monday, had to clear my peg of half a bag of rubbish...hoppy

"Take your time, but hurry up"

NightWeaver

i live just on the outskirts of durham, do you think its worth going if you dont fish for carp (i would like to but i dont think i have the right kit to do it), hoppy ill be right at home in the mess, the free strech where i fish is just as bad, i regularly take a black binbag down and fill it up and take it home but people just keep dumping stuff) [:(] what can ya do

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
Nightweaver I go through to woodlands alot, although this wedensdays open will be the last time for a few weeks as im going to be tied up finshing my masters degree[:(] If you fancy coming down with me for a session in late september/october just let me know. Dont worry about not having carp 'gear' for the place as most of the carp are only 1 to 6lb's, I'll set you right on how to fish the place. Belive me it'll make a change from the river wear! I'll see you on the 20th for the ouse match and we can disscus it then.

Fisky

Gaz mate, see you on wednesday open. ill have anotehr chat about the river match

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
nice one fisky mate, it's my first open on woodlands + Ive only fished one or 2 other opens i'm sick of slogging my guts out at club matches to only come away with a few quid winnings. I did Ok on thursday so i thought i may as well take the plunge. BTW what was your weight on thursday? LOL

Slick

'eyebrows'
Originally posted by NightWeaver

do you think its worth going if you dont fish for carp

You will have a good day out, there's millions of rudd, skimmer and roach, if you dont want to catch carp use maggots or casters the rudd will mop them up before carp get a chance. I fished there last Sunday with my grandson and caught dozens of good size fish and three 3lb carp when I changed to hard pellet. I have been a few weeks ago one day we caught close on 450 fish between us. Bait can be purchased on site and the maggots are in prime condition, good enough to eat.

I recomend the bacon sandwiches as well.

Datafile4.asp

NightWeaver

Thnx to everyone for replying.

Gaz ill take you up on that offer [:p] i could do with a bit of help with my fishing. ill talk to you about it when we go on the 20th as i will beed to know what bait and stuff to take [:)]

Charlie

i went to woodlands about a month or two ago and it's a crackin place. went a few years before that when there weren't as many lakes, now the 13 offered your spoilt for choice. i chose kingfisher lake, fishing 6m pole, 10/12 elastic, 4lb pro straight thru to 14/16 gamakatsu g barbless with pellet or meat on the hook. the key is to not take many baits, corn meat and pellet is ample. but variety is essential, so try a couple of squirts of liquid pellet in your meat, taken out with a seymo lunch punch or simialar. i used this method all day and caught steadily carp from 1lb - 4lb. towards the end of the day i set up a waggler with floating bread towards the island and hooked a 13lb mirror, which i banked in about 15 minutes. it's a cracking fishery with good facilities, reccomend to anyone.

thumbs up. Charlie xxx

golf is a game for people who can't catch fish

sinclad

ave fished tees friendley league and drennan super league at woodlands ths year(we are there this sunday).
had most success with paste at 8M, but have also caught
up in the water with pellet and caster recently. besy
advice ask in the tackle shop before you fish they will usually tell whats catching on what lakes. cracking day out for pleasure fising at only 7 for a day ticket
enjoy!!!!!!!!!

mds

Status
Not open for further replies.