Woodlands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlythMags

I'm off to Woodlands tomorrow for the first time.

Any suggestions as to where (ie: what pond and what pegs) a novice like myself should cut his teeth (so to speak) and any tips wouldn't go amiss either, thanks.

I intend to fish waggler, and feeder and I'm not too fussed what I catch.

Thanks

Alan

baz.thornton

Looking in AT Swallow lake peg15 is hotfor long pole/feeder(both methods good)
Mallard also good peg 19,bomb and sweetcorn
Also if you get a copy of Mar/April advance Pole Fishing mag , good artical on page 70 about Woodlands. Call in at a newsagents on the way read the artical and put it back on the shelf !!!!!

adam

if you can fish the first peg on cock phesant on the bank closest to the caffe theres a small island cast a small maggi feeder with 6 or 7 mags each cast about 5-7 meters past the island s its absoultley full of carp and skimmers but i wud advise you use 5 or 6 lb line

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
I f a match aint on, partridge is great.
I don't know how well it's fishin at the mo, but it's stuffed with carp, tench and loads of ornamentals. I agree maggots is your best bet although i used pole rather than a rod. Keep trickkling a few maggots and a bit of groundbait patted over the top in a pole cup if using a pole, this seems to trigger them into feeding.
Good luck

carpbob3

My advice is ...... Watch out for the RATS ...... Keep it clean Weils disease is up and coming

philip

hi alan all lakes are doing well i was there today 13 feb sorry dont know the lake name the one opasit the cafe right hand side top iland fish corn and feed corn

payers

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Welcome Phil me ol mate....glad to see you have joined us...[:D][:D]

Blythmags me ol mate....better ring before you go in case its frozen solid....--6 tonight...[:(][:(]

Cheers....

MOOKSTER....[:D][:D][:D]...

adam

DONT fish partrige its fish ing rubbish you need to be on one of the island lakes dont fish the pole unless you can reach a feature and if theres no features fish quite far out on the feeder and dont feed much cos if theres not many in your swim they wont take alotta bait like a sed 6- 7 mags evry cast on the feeder if your goin on sunday ill cya there cos im goin on sunday to [:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.