Woodlands & The Oaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazalio

DAZ
hey guys, i'm going campin in two weeks time with my brother in Thirsk and we're going fishing but not sure where to go. We have both heard of two fisheries in the area, Woodlands and The Oaks lakes neither of us have fished either of the two venues so any information will be gratefully appreciated and if anyone knows of any other fisheries in the area that would also be a great help.

CHEERS,
ALIO

dazalio

DAZ
Oh yeah and we will be staying at a camp site in Sessay so any fisheries within a reasonable distance would be a great help, I have been searching the net for places and found loads but no information on them!

ALIO

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hi Alio

The Oaks lakes are actually in Sessay, so you shouldn't have far to go[:D]
There's six lakes altogether - Oaks, Firs and Willows are the oldest and have probably the biggest variety of species. There are 20lb+ carp in Willows Lake but they don't come out very often, this is also the only lake on which you can't use a keepnet.

There are also three match lakes Poplars, Alders and Maple. You probably won't be able to get on these at the weekend because of matches but you should be OK during the week. These are all stuffed with carp plus a few other species.

Woodlands is the biggest commercial fishery in the north-east, I would guess its about 5 or 6 miles from Sessay. There's 13 lakes at Woodlands with on-site tackle-shop and cafe. It gets VERY busy at weekends and bank holidays (especially if the weathers good) but mid-week is usually OK. If you want to know up-to-date details on how its fishing, ask the guys in the tackle shop, they should be able to tell you what bait you need and which lake to fish.

Tight Lines

Simon

dazalio

DAZ
cheers simon, do you know if the Oaks has an on site tackle shop? just so that I know wether or not to get my bait the day before.

cheers
alio

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Alio,

Simon has just aboutcovered it all. The Oaks doesn't have a shop but the telephone number for the one at Woodlands is: 01845 526110 and it's called 'Eltons Tackle'

Whilst you're up that way there is also a fishery called Brafferton Carp Fisheries, nr Boroughbridge on the Helperby Road that may be worth a visit if you want a change

Have a good time

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Slick

'eyebrows'
Hi Dazalio another place to fish not too far from there is Renny's pond this is further up the A19 towards teesside. Take the left turn for East Harlsey, turn right at the junction after you go through the village and the pond is about half a mile along the road on the right. I was at woodlands last sunday and fished Fox Covert lake and caught roach and rudd, it had been fishing well earlier in the week but as usual had gone of when i went there. Sessay does have shop on site that sells bait but the one at woodland is much bigger. Theres nothing at renny's except a chemical toilet and a lot of fish

Datafile3.asp

Last edited:

joe carass

go on poplars or alders at the oaks and you'll have a great day.fish pellet and corn tite to the island and feed steadily with a kinder pot and you wont go far wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.