Woodlands lakes???

stephenk

Site Supporter
Was fine when we went couple of years ago. But different times to be fair....nobody furloughed or looking for a release from lockdown fever !

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Biggest I've had came from Partridge in a match 18lb 7oz then had a 16lb 10 and from Kestrel also in a match.
ypu can fish any lake you want as long as there's no matches on. Best lakes are generally skylark and partdridge not sure on which lakes hold the biggest fish.

Jonny w

Biggest I've had came from Partridge in a match 18lb 7oz then had a 16lb 10 and from Kestrel also in a match.
ypu can fish any lake you want as long as there's no matches on. Best lakes are generally skylark and partdridge not sure on which lakes hold the biggest fish.
Thanks for the info m8, I know for a fact that partridge and willowgarth both hold fish over the 20 mark, not sure about the others but my bet would be that most of them probably will, a pal of mine thinks willowgarth may hold some close to 30 but who knows, What method did you catch your bigger carp on? A lot of people seem to be bagging big ones in the margins with a pole.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Margin with a pole.

I've fished willowgarth quite a few times but never cuaght anything over about 12lbs.

Cock Pheasant might be worth a try , think thats the speci lake now.

Jonny w

Margin with a pole.

I've fished willowgarth quite a few times but never cuaght anything over about 12lbs.

Cock Pheasant might be worth a try , think thats the speci lake now.
Ok cheers for the info, might have to try cock pheasant.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
If you are going to fish any of the match lakes, partridge, skylark, wagtail etc method feeder or bomb and pellet work well.
2+2 with paste, corn, or meat works well, in the margins ground bait and corn or dead maggot.
But watch out for the boards fish can get behind them.
There are some lumps in there as well regularly I’ve had five fish for over 50lb there, best fish was 16 1/2lb on paste down the edge.